7 hours in Denver

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be around the Denver airport with a car this Saturday for around 7 hours. From Michigan, hunted Elk near Salida in ‘17, and will be back for another hunt in ‘20. I can’t stay overnight this Saturday, flying back to Detroit at 7. So not enough time to scout or go far.

What should I do? Thought about shopping for boots. No stores in Michigan carry a mountain boot selection.

What else? Maybe check out equipment rental shops in case I fly in to hunt, instead of driving. My group has wall tent camp gear. But If I’m hunting alone or with one person, would fly/rent make sense? Other ideas? Good sporting goods stores to visit? Other ideas?

FYI: I am keeping options open on truck camp vs backcountry for the fall hunt. I have gear and some experience for both.

I would go visit Kifaru assuming they have a storefront, or that trad bow place the Klumps run. After your boots thing, assuming you find a spot to do that.

Shop some good boots to at least see what style/sizing works. Look at the kifaru packs which are really nice. Or hit a dispensary to calm the pre flight nerves! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find yourself a good pair of boots would be my number one priority. After that check out Outdoors Geek. They do equipment rentals and are relatively close to the airport.

OP
Missahba

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Find yourself a good pair of boots would be my number one priority. After that check out Outdoors Geek. They do equipment rentals and are relatively close to the airport.
I saw their website. Good to know. This is on my list. Along with boots. Thx

OP
Missahba

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Shop some good boots to at least see what style/sizing works. Look at the kifaru packs which are really nice. Or hit a dispensary to calm the pre flight nerves! Lol

IKR? Treats everything I hear. If it keeps my ears from popping I’m in!

OP
Missahba

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Who carries the crispi, kenetrec, Hoffman etc boot selection? Anyplace in or by the mall near the airport?

brous8732

FNG
1 shot gear is about a 45 minute drive from the airport. They have the largest selection of Sitka gear in the country (I believe) and sell a lot of other great hunting equipment.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ll be around the Denver airport with a car this Saturday for around 7 hours. From Michigan, hunted Elk near Salida in ‘17, and will be back for another hunt in ‘20. I can’t stay overnight this Saturday, flying back to Detroit at 7. So not enough time to scout or go far.

What should I do? Thought about shopping for boots. No stores in Michigan carry a mountain boot selection.

What else? Maybe check out equipment rental shops in case I fly in to hunt, instead of driving. My group has wall tent camp gear. But If I’m hunting alone or with one person, would fly/rent make sense? Other ideas? Good sporting goods stores to visit? Other ideas?

FYI: I am keeping options open on truck camp vs backcountry for the fall hunt. I have gear and some experience for both.

Feel free to swing by and chat with the crew here at 1 Shot Gear. We're one of a few dealers that carries Sitka's Ground Forest pattern and like the above poster mentioned, likely the largest selection of inventory in the country. We also are fully stocked with Stone Glacier packs if you want to give one a try. Otherwise there's plenty of optics and guns to play with too!

1 Shot Gear Retail Store

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
another vote for No Limits, they carry Crispi HanWag Sitka and it's just a badass archery shop. And not very far from the airport

sndmn11

WKR
I am pretty sure Outdoors Geek is not open on Saturdays either. No Limits, Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear, and 1 Shot are going to be about it for places worth while on a Saturday,

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Went on the Coors tour before we flew home from elk hunting. Was worth the $10.