7 Mountain Ranges, 7 Rams

westside elkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thats cool 7rams in 7mountain ranges. Steve set a goal to do it and accomplised it. :) Even though it took him awhile to do it. He never gave up on his goal :)

What's amazing is they were all walk in hunts, no planes used. A truely amazing feat. He put out a video which is top notch too.

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Yep a friend was kind enough to lend me the video. Spent the morning watching it with my boy, lots of good info if you know what to look for. The misses and I have a sheep hunt planned for this fall. God willing we will get out, cover some beautiful country and maybe get lucky enough to catch a ram, maybe 2!!

OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
As far as I know it is still available, I didn't purchase a copy, rather borrowing.

7 rams in 8 years. That's dedication. I have a friend who has taken as many rams not 1 in every range.

Last edited:
I think one range was a thirty mile hike into where the rams where. Now that's a pack out!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP
Daniel_M

Daniel_M

WKR
Also if you guys are lookin for lightweight gear ideas, I would always suggest a sheep hunters list. so many little trick ways to shave weight.

By trade, sheep nuts stay under a 50# pack for an air taxi.

mtnkid85

WKR
Wow, great read. Im going to be ordering his video as well. Really hit me close how he relates his "religous" findings while out hunting sheep. I know my sheep hunt this past year brought similiar thoughts into my head!