7 SAUM Hammer Bullet recommendation

OP
B
New rifle, so barrel wasn't fully broken in, ADG brass new, Fed 215m primer @ 2.855" COAL
H4350, I shot a ladder from 53.0g @ 2787fps to 63.5g @ 3290fps. I had some very mild flattening of the primer at 57.0g but no other pressure signs until a very faint ejector shadow at 63.0g and 63.5g, bolt pressure never changed. Final load was 62.0g @ 3238fps. I'll be refining this further as the barrel breaks in and I have more time. As always, this was my rifle, work up slowly and safely in your rifle.
Thanks! At least gives me an idea of where to start and at what velocity I should start to see pressure.

Gonna stick with the 143gr HH’s for now but maybe next year I might mess with the 140gr Absolutes.

tdot

WKR
Thanks! At least gives me an idea of where to start and at what velocity I should start to see pressure.

Gonna stick with the 143gr HH’s for now but maybe next year I might mess with the 140gr Absolutes.

I don't know how familiar you are with the differences between the Hunter and Absolute models. But just a note, the data isn't typically directly transferable. Combine that with the toughness of the ADG brass and if you are using a different brass, then you may see pressure as early as 200fps or more earlier.

OP
B
I don't know how familiar you are with the differences between the Hunter and Absolute models. But just a note, the data isn't typically directly transferable. Combine that with the toughness of the ADG brass and if you are using a different brass, then you may see pressure as early as 200fps or more earlier.
Yup I’m tracking… got some data for the 143 HH’s off of Hammer’s forum, but later on I might try the 140 absolute’s so your data is still helpful!

Yep, that's about 200 FPS faster than where seemed good with 145 CEB lazers with H4350 in a 22" SAUM.

How’d you like running the lasers? I’m on the fence between those and the hammers.

Haven't shot em enough to have a valid opinion. Seems you get a pretty big BC bump with CEB which is why i bought them first.

Last edited:

Petersen

FNG
140 AH in a 280 remington with 57 grains reloader 16. Velocity settled on was 3160 and no signs of pressure. Very happy with the absolute model to get extra velocity out of the standard 280 case. I was shooting 150 berger classics with H4831 at a little over 2700 fps, and really glad I made the switch.

My daughter shot some jugs of water (antifreeze bottles) at 200 yards over the weekend. After looking over the blown up jugs, you could see the separate holes the petals came out. Pretty impressive. Hope one hits a cow elk in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• jug.jpg
    jug.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 19
Haven't shot em enough to have a valid opinion. Seems you get a pretty big BC bump with CEB which is why i bought them first.
That’s why I’m thinking of trying them first as well. Would love to hear updates as you get them!