7 saum help

SouthPaw

WKR
I'm shooting the 195 berger and 180 ELD out of mine. It likes H4831sc the best. H1000 is also good but I get compression with the big pills. If you are going to seek 1 or 2 powders I'd have H4831sc as a top candidate for bullets in the 160-180 range as it seems to be very forgiving in the saum. For the lighter copper 145g you may do well with H4350.

Superchop

FNG
RL 26 definitely seems to be the magic powder to use for the 7 SAUM. Good luck finding some though. H-4831 SC is another good option, but it won’t push the heavier bullets quite as fast. I’ve heard several people say that standard LR primers work just as well or better than the magnum primers.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Anybody try cci no. 34 primers? They're large rifle, but harder primers for military rifles. It's tough out there so wondering if these will work in a bolt gun.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
Anybody try cci no. 34 primers? They're large rifle, but harder primers for military rifles. It's tough out there so wondering if these will work in a bolt gun.
They are a magnum primer, and will work fine.

Ucsdryder

WKR

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Personally I want the best setup I can get and once I find a load I don’t want to start over. I’d keep looking for cci or federal 210.