WTS 7 Sherman Max by Kinport Peak Rifles + components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
7 Sherman Max built by Kinport Peak Rifles (optic not included):
- Defiance AnTi XM action w/ Defiance/Snowy Mountain BDL kit and TriggerTech primary
- 26" CarbonSix Sendero barrel
- Mesa Precision Altitude stock
- MBM Beast 3 port brake
- Talley lightweight rings with recoil pins
- Total round count 130, Bartlein method break in first 15 rounds.

Components:
- 100pcs ADG 7 Max headstamped brass, all fireformed with 59gr MagPro per Rich's instructions. 28pcs have a second firing on them with a max charge of 63.8gr of H1000 that showed no pressure signs, the other 72 are prepped and ready to load.
- Match grade custom dies
- .308 Short Action Customs bushing, ready to load.

Pros: Very lightweight and well built rifle. Shows a lot of potential, was able to achieve sub MOA with the light fireforming load, the 30 round OCW I shot produced a couple 1/2" groups and still didn't reach max. I load conservatively.

Cons: Feed issues with the short mag cases out of the BDL. When I built this I was assured by Defiance that it would work, but it's not consistent and would be optimal with a DBM setup as commonly known, lesson learned.

Selling because my list of priorities has changed. Will keep the BDL kit to sell separately if someone were interested in the setup and wanted to convert to DBM. Will also negotiate a trade + cash for a Tikka with a magnum bolt face to build on. Will also sell the reloading components separately, and if there was interest in separate parts I'll part it out. This setup with components is pushing $4,500 all said and done, not counting the 16 month wait time from Defiance.

Prices include shipping:
$3,500 as is with everything
$3,300 without BDL kit
$3,000 rifle only as is (-$200 without BDL kit)
$300 for the brass and dies

PayPal F&F or happy to consult over the phone about alternative form of payment. Will only ship to FFL. PM with any questions or inquiries.

20220416_192647.jpg
received_3084398248441611.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Harvey_NW

Harvey_NW

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
8lbs 11.9oz scoped with a bubble level so looking at roughly 7lbs 2oz bare rifle weight with rings.
20220901_194743.jpg

OP
Harvey_NW

Harvey_NW

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Box it up and send it to Chad Dixon at LRI with three mocked up dummy rounds at the seating depth of your load, he'll have it feeding flawlessly. He fixed mine and it's perfect.
I appreciate the suggestion and have heard lots of good things about him/them, but the build took so long my list of priorities changed enough that it will be easier to start over.

OP
Harvey_NW

Harvey_NW

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bumping this up again, post was edited with prices.

I'll let this sit for a bit while I'm gone for another hunt and then I'll list prices, but FYI I will bust this up and part it out so if anyone is interested in anything send me a reasonable offer, everything is essentially new the rifle has never even been strapped to a pack or carried afield. I will respond to any PM's when I get back to service next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.