7 wsm thoughts?

Joby1

FNG
Just curious of those that have a 7wsm. How you like it? Good bullet selection to reload, high bc bullets. What's not to like?

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
I have one. It's housed in one of the early model Winchester coyote m70's. I am a huge 7mm fan, and the WSM is an incredible cartridge if you reload for it. If you don't reload there are very few factory ammo options. I got lucky with my rifle and ended up with a fairly long throat. If you have a shorter throat and try to shoot the heavier, longer, higher bc bullets the bullets will have to be seated deeper and this could eat up a significant amount of case capacity. I'm not familiar with anyone currently manufacturing a rifle in this caliber, are you looking used or custom?

Only thing to not like about it is brass options and availability and maybe the short case neck if getting into the weeds. They are bad ass.

I recently chose SAUM instead because of brass options, the fact I already had dies, and desire for a little less case capacity. It’s not quite on par with wsm performance wise though.

Last edited:

N2TRKYS

WKR
I started off with a Remington Model Seven SS in 7 SAUM and wouldn’t trade it for anything. Accubonds leaving a 22” barrel @2950, what’s not to love?

I think that you’d be happy with either.

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 7saum.. Tough to beat for a sheep rifle..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 7 WSM and it’s an amazing cartridge. Finding brass wasn’t impossible but honestly I haven’t found a load that is as accurate or consistent as Hornady’s precision hunter ammo. My rifle shoots it at 3100 fps into ragged little groups. No telling how popular the 7 WSM would be if it was released today’s marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk