700 footprint muzzleloader? Misc. actions?

CO2130

WKR
This will be two questions in one. First off, is anyone aware of any muzzleloaders using the rem700 footprint other than maybe the CVA paramount? Second, I see many people building muzzleloaders off of rem700 short actions as well as custom actions. Is there any reason an action such as a tikka or howa/weatherby couldn’t be used? I’m new to most everything muzzleloader related but have an urge to dive into it and am looking at a knight ultralight, a 700ml, CVA paramount pro, or some type of a custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason it can't be done with absolutely any bolt action. Just need a muzzleloader barrel with a breech plug. There's even been a couple built on Desert Techs.
Breech plug and priming modules are where things really differentiate, some are better than others.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Probably the best thing I could offer in this conversation is to contact BESTILL Creations. Jeff can be a wealth of information gained from building custom ML's

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Luke @Arrowhead Rifles builds all kinds of customs with his breech plug system and modules. You could also buy a Remington 700 ultimate muzzle loader and upgrade it to your liking. I'm working on a review of his breech plug system for the Remington ultimate that I hope to finish up in the next month.

LWH723

FNG
The Original 700 ML was built on a 700 short action.

It's same footprint as a 700 S/A, but that's about the extent of the similarities. It doesn't have locking lugs.

The current UML is a 700 S/A

Luke @Arrowhead Rifles builds all kinds of customs with his breech plug system and modules. You could also buy a Remington 700 ultimate muzzle loader and upgrade it to your liking. I'm working on a review of his breech plug system for the Remington ultimate that I hope to finish up in the next month.

Currently, I'm only selling my custom builds and savage/remington barrel nut barrels for the DIY. No rebarrel work. We'll see what happens in the spring, but right now I just don't have time to do rebarrel work in a timely fashion.