75 Hard? Anyone doing this for 2022?

landrun

FNG
I saw a thread about fitness prep for a CO Sept elk hunt and it reminded me of the mental challenge of that hunt.

Is anyone doing 75 Hard or similar for developing mental toughness?

schmalzy

WKR
I did it when COVID first hit. Was a great experience, highly recommend. 192-165, then leveled out at 178 or so. Losing weight was just a bonus, saw more gains and improvement work wise and overall happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Never heard of it until last night, but jumping in on day 1 today. Ive been consistent in the gym and on my bike, but need a little extra push on the diet and reading. So this seems to align with what I'm trying to do. Current plan is:

5/3/1 lifting in the morning before work (off days will be stretching, foam rolling, and active recovery).
MTB/Hiking/Running in the evening
Diet will be keto

Couple books I plan on reading:
12 More Rules for Life - Dr Jordan B Peterson
Complete Guide to Fasting - Dr Jason Fung
Permanent Record - Edward Snowden

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
The gallon of water and no social eating/drinking was the hardest for me. You will feel great if you stick to it, not just close.

The picture was tough for me until I made it the first thing I Did every morning.

Totally agree on feeling great if you stick to it and actually do it. It’s just not effective or as powerful if you do “part” of it or modify it.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Kind of surprised I came across this post...I did actually start this beginning of Jan. I will say it is next level shit. I have been doing strength training in the mornings. Then have my pack with #75 in it and hike two miles in the evening. Living is SD that has been tough but fun and a sense of accomplishment. I added #5 ankle weights last week in ramping up my cardio. Can't get complacent and that has been a nice added kick in the a$$.

Dropped 4% BF in the first 30 days while adding 1 pound of muscle. I have already decided this will be way of life the best i can vs. 75 days and be done. The reading, two workouts, the water all has taken my fitness and mental clarity next level.

KHNC

WKR
Who has time for this shit? lol. Its a great program looks like, but having to start over after missing 1 day and 2 45 min workouts daily is crazy. Im sticking with Mtn Tough again starting May 1. But i train 4 days a week year round. Just not two separate 45 min workouts each time.

schmalzy

WKR
Who has time for this shit? lol. Its a great program looks like, but having to start over after missing 1 day and 2 45 min workouts daily is crazy. Im sticking with Mtn Tough again starting May 1. But i train 4 days a week year round. Just not two separate 45 min workouts each time.

I think the whole point of it is that it isn’t really a fitness program but an exercise in discipline with zero compromise with the fitness aspect being an added bonus. For me personally it made me realize how often I took shortcuts or halfassed various different things.

My wife was not too excited about the amount of time it took but mitigated it with working out before she and kids got up or after they went to sleep, or throwing one of them in a kid carrier and hiking.

TheViking

WKR

Wow. Way to support people.

Try it, you’ll change your mind about it.

It’s more than just an exercise program. It’s a lifestyle change and a LOT of people truly need that.

KHNC

WKR
Wow. Way to support people.

Try it, you’ll change your mind about it.

It’s more than just an exercise program. It’s a lifestyle change and a LOT of people truly need that.
I support Mtn Tough, as i said. I have a life that includes family, working, shooting my bow, fishing and fitness. I wont give up a large amount of that time to double my fitness routine.

TheViking

WKR
I support Mtn Tough, as i said. I have a life that includes family, working, shooting my bow, fishing and fitness. I wont give up a large amount of that time to double my fitness routine.
As do I. But you can still support others.