77gr tmk season review

Read ur own conclusions, just thought I'd share.

I conclude that anyone who makes conclusions based on a sample of 6 is a bigger moron than someone who uses bullets in a manner other than the manufacturer's design intent.

"Tipped MatchKing® bullets are not recommended for most hunting applications."

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
I conclude that anyone who makes conclusions based on a sample of 6 is a bigger moron than someone who uses bullets in a manner other than the manufacturer's design intent.

"Tipped MatchKing® bullets are not recommended for most hunting applications."
Please wax eloquent on Sierra’s “design intent” for the 77 tmk.

This is going to be special, boys.

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
Extra points if you get off your couch and drive to a sportsman’s warehouse and read the label on a box of actual 77tmks, should you be so lucky, to fondle same.

Is Sierra's website incorrect when they state this "Tipped MatchKing® bullets are not recommended for most hunting applications" on their website description of the 77gr TMK?

Last edited:

draebi

FNG

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the link. I have a tikka 8 twist 22-250 that I'm going to try out on a few whitetails and these are the two I'm bouncing between.

I have that same Tikka .22-250 8T and I'm going to try the 75 gr Speer Gold Dot on deer. I think that will be an excellent setup as it's bonded and they can scoot.

TxxAgg

WKR
Tagged for fun

The TMK's shoot awesome out my T3x 223

I've shot plenty of deer and pigs with a 55gr 223 here in TX. No problem killing them, but blood trails weren't very good. I think these TMK will help with that.

draebi

FNG
I have that same Tikka .22-250 8T and I'm going to try the 75 gr Speer Gold Dot on deer. I think that will be an excellent setup as it's bonded and they can scoot.
I agree that would be a good option. Haven't been able to find any available to try and these other two have the BC edge as long as they consistently penetrate well.

OP
N
8 twist should be good with 88’s.

be nice to drop velocity on close impacts

OP
N
What velocity?

I was getting okay stabilization with the few rounds I messed around with in a 223 and that was at 2600fps

LaRoche3

FNG
I shoot the 69 TMK out of a 1-9 twist 22-250. They are accurate and hell on coyotes. I'm shooting them at 3400 fps. I would love to shoot a deer with them but I'm not packing a heavy coyote gun up the mountain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
What powder are you using in the 22-250 68tmk combo ?