7E East Arizona Late Season Hunt

jbw899

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I were drawn for the late season hunt in Arizona, unit 7East. We've looked through forums; have points marked from that research and general strategies based on the weather. I plan on going out before the hunt to scout in person for several days. Hoping someone on here has experience in the unit and can provide additional information. Thanks for any info you're able to provide!

RoJo

WKR
Sorry, I am not familiar with 7E, other than passing through en route to other places. There is some really pretty country around the peaks. The late hunt could have significant snow up high.

Scott13

FNG
jbw899 and Murtobird. Also have this tag in 2020, have hunted the peaks portion before. Recently left AZ so will be driving back, but happy to share my experience up high, and info from scouting before I left. Curious to hear your experience jbw.

Bigrog

FNG
Good luck to you! I'm not to far down the road from you in Texas. I will be in unit 5a for late season rifle hunt and it will be my first time hunting Arizona.

OP
J

jbw899

Lil-Rokslider
jbw899 and Murtobird. Also have this tag in 2020, have hunted the peaks portion before. Recently left AZ so will be driving back, but happy to share my experience up high, and info from scouting before I left. Curious to hear your experience jbw.

send me a pm. Happy to answer questions. It was a tough hunt for us. Snowed the night border the opener and all the elk moved. Found them again and had some chances but just couldn’t get it down. A ton of people hunting, I recommend finding a vantage point and glassing in areas with fresh sign. Don’t be picky.

muchach0

Lil-Rokslider
send me a pm. Happy to answer questions. It was a tough hunt for us. Snowed the night border the opener and all the elk moved. Found them again and had some chances but just couldn’t get it down. A ton of people hunting, I recommend finding a vantage point and glassing in areas with fresh sign. Don’t be picky.

Currently on the late hunt and every Hunter we talked to hasn’t seen anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk