7mm-08 accubond option

Looking for advice. My sons savage 7mm-08 shoots nosler accuBond bullets the best and I cannot find any nation wide, (Other than California). What would be a good alternative or similar bullet to the nosler accubond 140 gr bullet?
Thanks for any info!!

EdP

WKR
I suggest trying 140 gr Sierra Gamekings if you can find them. They shoot consistently well in everything I have tried them in. They are a good cup and core bullet, not a premium bullet like the Accubonds, but should do just fine on deer/black bear/pronghorn. I might be less inclined to use them on elk. GKs are 1/2 the price of Accubonds and were available several months ago although I don't see anything in .284 available now. Sierra ProHunters (flat base) are another good option. 140 gr in .284 are currently available from SSM Ammo.

ABs don't seem to be in production for some reason. I have not seen any come on the market in over a year in any caliber except possibly 6.5mm. I ended up going with 120 gr Hammer Hunters in my 7-08 because they were available and the chatter on the forums said they shot well. They do indeed shoot well from my rifle but I have yet to shoot any game with them.

ToolMann

WKR
Another vote for the ballistic tip. Likely has the sane POI with same load. In my wife's Tikka 7mm-08 it works that way anyway.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
Same for me with the BT. Very close POI with the AB. The only thing I change in my load when changing bullets is a few thousandths of seating depth. The elk shoulders above are impressive out of a 308. I never tried solid copper bullets but I think I will be in the near future.

willtim

WKR
I'm shooting Partitions waiting on Accubonds to return. Just a very small loss of accuracy.

Afhunter1

WKR
in a 7mm-08 I really prefer the 120 ballistic tip. It is a much tougher bullet than the 140 ballistic tip and maybe even a better hunting bullet than the 140 AB too since it preforms near the same but is a little faster.

AkRyan

WKR
I suggest trying 140 gr Sierra Gamekings if you can find them. They shoot consistently well in everything I have tried them in. They are a good cup and core bullet, not a premium bullet like the Accubonds, but should do just fine on deer/black bear/pronghorn. I might be less inclined to use them on elk. GKs are 1/2 the price of Accubonds and were available several months ago although I don't see anything in .284 available now. Sierra ProHunters (flat base) are another good option. 140 gr in .284 are currently available from SSM Ammo.

ABs don't seem to be in production for some reason. I have not seen any come on the market in over a year in any caliber except possibly 6.5mm. I ended up going with 120 gr Hammer Hunters in my 7-08 because they were available and the chatter on the forums said they shot well. They do indeed shoot well from my rifle but I have yet to shoot any game with them.
I suggest not. As mentioned the nosler bt is your next best bet for similar bullet shape.

AkRyan

WKR
Interesting... maybe I'll look into that. We've taken 16 animals with Xs and every one of them was dead within yards of impact. That aside I'm definitely an Accubond fan as well.
Are you in Alaska or possibly formerly? I only ask because I know a Wags