7MM-08 Non Lead Ammo

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Hi,

I just purchased a Tikka T3 lite compact for my Wife. It has a 1: 9.5 Twist Rate and a 20 " barrel. We are in California so we are force to use non lead ammo.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what off the shelf ammo would be a good place to start? Our purpose is hunting with Hogs and Deer being the main target.

I appreciate any advice you may have, I'm really not interested in reloading at this point just looking ofr the best KISS system I can come up with.

sndmn11

WKR
We have had good accuracy with Hornady superformance gmx, and are 1/1 on game. There is also a gmx outfitter variety if you don't care for the extra velocity. I know there are some other folks who have success with the Barnes, I have some but haven't shot any yet. Federal Etip and Swift scirocco are other options, but I have never owned a box.

120 grain Barnes TTSX in the Barnes factory load should do what you need it to.

^^^this.
Or this.
9fc3be2ece6763d704eb9034ab6717aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
My daughter's uses the 120 TTSX as well, in reloads. Shoots very well but she hasn't killed anything with it yet.

I've used both Barnes Vortex 120 grain and Federal Trophy Copper 140 grain on whitetail deer and mountain goat. Great results from both.

Sled

WKR
barnes tsx/ttsx or berger classic hunters loaded by any manufacturer should do. for now, look for ammo that is in stock locally and see how it does.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a new 7mm-08 last year and tried a few different factory rounds. In non- lead I tried Federal Trophy Copper 140gr and hornady Superformance GMX. The Trophy Coppers shot moa and are now my go-to. The GMX shot 1.5" at best, usually closer to 2".