7mm-08

sneaky

"DADDY"
Good feedback. I’ve shouldered a model 7, but they are just to small for me. I’m 6’4 at 220 pounds. Ha. The mountain rifle is a good fit.

I load some .280 for my brother. Great round I agree 100%.

Plan to sell a few guns that I’m not using to fund the build - .257 Weatherby and a 7mm wsm.

As for glass, plan to get uncomfortable and move away from leupold. The meat stick has a VX5 HD on it. Thinking of moving towards a Swarovski Z5i. Decisions decisions. Ha
If you don't dial the Z5 will work. If you dial a lot, they suffer from RTZ issues. I got rid of mine for that very reason. Clear glass means nothing to me if the tracking isn't repeatable. The 7-08 is an outstanding cartridge. Does everything the 6.5 does with the option of running heavier bullets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

35remy

FNG
I love the 7mm-08 for hunting, but I also enjoy the recoil and component availability of the 6.5CM for volume target shooting.

carp_5

FNG
Good morning -

My oldest daughter will be taking my model 700 mnt rifle from me as her go to rifle. With that, I’m at a point I need to buy/build something new. I hunted with that rifle for 20 plus years.

I’m a weekender hand loader, so I’ve got a Barnes load that works well in that platform.

Trying to decide to stick with the 7mm-08 or get uncomfortable and try a 6.5. Just seeking some options and reasoning from this knowledgeable forum.

Thanks !
Did you make the trip already? If so, how did it go?

mi650

WKR
I love the 7mm-08 for hunting, but I also enjoy the recoil and component availability of the 6.5CM for volume target shooting.
I realize this is an older thread, but these are pretty much my thoughts. I love shooting 6.5C, but it doesn't even enter my thoughts for hunting.