7mm magnum bullet selection

I saw them at either my local Sportsmans Warehouse or Coastal Farm and Ranch. Think I will be out tomorrow. If so I will snap them up for you.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Thanks! Ive got one, and budding on another !

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rootacres

WKR
Remington 700 22" factory barrel, unknown round count. Seen it shoot 3/4 moa with factory federal 150 psp.

Ordered 5lbs of RL22, will use federal 215 primers PPU brass. Thinki g About nosler bullets. Partitions? LRAB? maybe Hornady?

Thoughts. ????

Thanks
PGohil
WV

What critters will you be going after?

I'm a fan of 160 accubonds (federal premium) in my Tikka 7 mag, havnt loaded for it yet but hoping it likes H1000 powder because i found a keg of it recently.

Frost

FNG
Primary purpose of this rifle is for deer and black bear. Might decide to hunt Western big game up to elk with it at some point. As for now I predominantly archery hunt out west though.
I want a bullet it that stays together and mushrooms like it should without just penciling through game. Bigger exit holes are always a plus. Of course if you follow the berger line of though, all energy should be left within the target animal. I like that way of thinking, but prefer good blood trails in case of a less than perfect shot

Distances would vary from 0 to 600 yd. There seems to be two camps about RL22. Those that swear it's temperature sensitive and those that swear it doesn't matter. Lol. Regardless, I've got 5 lb of it coming I'm going to use it! Unless of course someone wants to trade me for some h1000 or retumblo......
Gotta find some Federal 215 primers as well.....

600 yards is probably going to be pushing the limits of a 160 Accubond. I used to shoot them out of my 7mm (Nosler factory loaded ammo) and wasn’t that impressed. Chrono’d at 2875. Some exited, some did not. I recovered a couple from two different animals at approx 425-450 yards and I decided that was their limit with my velocity. They were mushroomed, but not all that well. They killed the animals but the internal damage wasn’t that extensive. If 600 yards and/or elk is a possibility I would look at something else. I’m shooting Berger 180 hybrids now and they are impressive. Shot 168s for a little while too. Both of them cause much more internal damage than the accubonds. Some exit, some don’t. Depends on placement and angle. 180s will be more likely to exit than the 168s while still destroying the internals. Berger’s twist rate calculator says “marginally stable” out of my 9.5” twist tikka at sea level. They shoot great but I just have to reduce the BC slightly at sea level. Fully stable at 4K feet. I can’t comment on RL22 but H1000 works great in my rifle with the 180s.

deadwolf

WKR
I’m using H1000 and Berger 180s in my
7 Saum, so far it’s proven to be a winning combo. Also have a load for the 175 Berger Elite Hunter but haven’t taken any game with it yet. Just got some 170gr Cayugas from PVA that I’m excited to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
160 Nosler partitions with R22 or R26 work great out my 26" Abolt 7mm.
Also shot great with Retumbo but no luck seeing that powder anywhere in MN or R22.

160 Accubonds did not pass through my last bull at 80 yards. Never an issue with Partitions.

Hey OP, how’s the load coming? I’m goofing off with another 7 mag now, trying out 175 eldx, 175 ABLR, and 168 VLDs. 26” bbl with 1/8 twist.