7mm Rem Mag Ammo Tiers

I am going to piggyback off my first post which was about selecting and buying my first rifle. Ordered a Seekings PH2 in 7mm RM and now I need to start sourcing some good ammo. Can someone assist with a better and best ammo for elk/deer hunting?

Seems like 162 ELDX is well recommended as well as Nosler which both look like are difficult to find. Seems like there are a lot of federal, Remington, and Barnes out there. Just looking for a couple of good selections so I can start accumulating.

Thanks!

Jim1187

Lil-Rokslider
It may not be trendy and they lack BC but Federals Powershok, Winchester Powerpoints, Hornady Interlocks and Remington Corelokts will certainly do nothing positive for any deer or elk walking if you do your part. Unfortunately it seems for the foreseeable future it will be a use what you can get proposition, particularly if you shoot factory loaded.
If using lead free I'd prefer the 150 grain and lighter options and if slinging cup and cores I'd prefer 150 or heavier if looking for a dual purpose elk and deer load. Find one that shoots well and buy a case of it.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
The 3 that I would start with for accuracy:

160 accubond loaded by federal and Nosler

155 terminal ascent loaded by federal

162 eld-x loaded by hornady

I have had luck with these out of the 280 and 7mm rifles that I have and have set up for others. There are others but this would be my starting point. Given the market you might have to be flexible. Good luck.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to piggyback off my first post which was about selecting and buying my first rifle. Ordered a Seekings PH2 in 7mm RM and now I need to start sourcing some good ammo. Can someone assist with a better and best ammo for elk/deer hunting?

Seems like 162 ELDX is well recommended as well as Nosler which both look like are difficult to find. Seems like there are a lot of federal, Remington, and Barnes out there. Just looking for a couple of good selections so I can start accumulating.

Thanks!
"The Backcountry Hunting Podcast" just released an episode that pertains to this topic and is worth listening to.

162 ELD-X is my personal favorite.

jjjones7

FNG
The federal premium 155 gr. Terminal ascents have consistently shot well. Another that nobody has mentioned is the Barnes 150TTSX

What are you wanting to hunt and at what distances are you wanting to hunt them?

Then look at your cartridge options that meet or exceed your requirements.