7MM RM Bullet recommendation. Sierra Game king vs Accubond vs tsx

So I wondering what the thoughts are on factory 160/165 gr ammo in the 7mm RM cartridge.

I generally like Federal and Nosler premium offerings. Know Barnes is well thought of too. No experience with it.

It is a big game application.

Personally I had had good success with the Accubond/Nosler combo but boy is it spendy. The Federal Premium/SGK was always thought higly of back in the day. The means something to me.

The rifle is a Tikka if that matters to you.

And no, I won't be reloading anytime soon.

Thanks.

cooperjd

WKR
Been shooting federal factory ammo with Barnes tsx 160gr for years. That's worked well for me.

This year I'm handloading both the Barnes and 160gr accubonds to see what gives the best accuracy and longer range performance. That is tbd.

I have confidence the accubonds will work as well as the Barnes on game so long as I do my part, but I can't speak to any factory ammo offerings

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I'd try all of them & see which one your rifle likes best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
I had good luck with Hornady factory stuff in my Tikka 7mmRM before I had all of my reloading gear set up. The SST shot well. I would be tempted to try the ELDX offering as well if I was buying off the shelf.

Also, it appears you are wanting a mono or bonded bullet but if you are considering others, the HSM Berger VLD load shot very well also.

Good luck.

Firehawk

WKR
Hard to beat the 160 Accubond in the 7mm Rem Mag as an all around projectile. I have personally cleanly harvested 5 elk with that bullet from my 7mm Rem Mag. I have also watched the 140 Accubond cleanly take three elk from a 7mm-08 and a 140 TTX in a 7mm-08. My experience with the Accubond has been very positive. My last two elk fell to 200 grain Accubonds from my 325 wsm. I recovered a bullet this year. Hard raking shot and bullet was found under the hide after going through about 30" or so of elk bone, hide and muscle. Weighed 140 grains and looked like a test bullet from Nosler's engineering team.

FH

GKPrice

Banned
before I defected (back) to 30.06 all I shot was 7mm RM for 8-9 years, like nearly all the guys I hunt with or get guided by - to a man (woman too) they shoot 160 Accubonds, Tikkas, Remingtons, even a model 70 in the bunch - I, of course, ventured into 140 Accubond territory and was very pleased and successful with those as well but for elk IMO 160's make better sense