7mm STW build in progress... Budget LR Hunting Rifle Phase I

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most guys that shoot steel either suspend it from a crossbar by some fireman hose or mount it to a Tpost bracket. I wouldn't recommend an H base, it's nice to have something that will spring and flex so you don't have to walk the 1000 yards back to the target when you knock it over! ;)

Unless I'm totally off on what you envision using your Hbase as!

Mike

You would know best Mike... I'll use whatever you think works best. You saw where I shoot in the video. I could have used it yesterday.

I only touched off one round from my STW. I shot at 1020 yards - HIT!!! 2.25 inches off dead center :D. My buddy that was with me thought that was pretty cool!

I need a better rangefinder - love my Leupold TBR1000i for archery, but it's difficult to get it to range past 800. I had to go to an intermediate point and range the target and the shooting spot and add the two numbers to get the total range. Not exactly practical for hunting situations...

Coop

Whisky

WKR
I need a better rangefinder - love my Leupold TBR1000i for archery, but it's difficult to get it to range past 800. I had to go to an intermediate point and range the target and the shooting spot and add the two numbers to get the total range. Not exactly practical for hunting situations...

Coop

Been there....

A good archery RF makes for a piss poor LR shooting RF, and vice versa. I'm hoping the new Bushnell 1 miles Fusions will be the answers to all my bitching the last few years.