7mm twist rate

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all, turning a six lug weatherby into a short barreled 284 win. Heaviest bullets I'm ever likely to use would be 160 accubonds and partitions. Any reason to go faster than a 9 twist? My finger keeps hovering over the 8.5 button and I don't know why, someone needs to stop me or tell me it don't matter please

rootacres

WKR
Id go 8.5 in the event you try to run some heavies you'd be set. I have an 8.4 Proof and just took some 143gr hammers on a coues hunt. They shoot 1/2 MOA.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you plan on shooting any match bullets they will have a thinner jacket on them and then overtwisting runs the possibility of blowing bullets up about 100 yds downrange.

amassi

WKR
If you plan on shooting any match bullets they will have a thinner jacket on them and then overtwisting runs the possibility of blowing bullets up about 100 yds downrange.
At 284 win velocities with the difference of 9/8.5 there isn't a match bullet made that you could blow up

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR
OP
Tobey

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like 8.5 wouldn't be a mistake, the berger site says it's good to go, thanks for the input