7mm08 Powders

Duckboy23

FNG
I'm a little bit of a 7mm-08 fanatic. I currently have 3 different rifles chambered in 08. All three shoot different loads. One is 120gr ttsx, another is Sierra 140gr sbt, and the third really likes 145gr LRX. These are all being pushed with Varget as that is what they liked!

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a little bit of a 7mm-08 fanatic. I currently have 3 different rifles chambered in 08. All three shoot different loads. One is 120gr ttsx, another is Sierra 140gr sbt, and the third really likes 145gr LRX. These are all being pushed with Varget as that is what they liked!
What kind of velocities are you seeing on those? Do you have a range of barrel lengths or do you find 20-22" about the sweet spot? I'm mostly interested in the TTSX and LRX loads. Thanks!

Duckboy23

FNG
What kind of velocities are you seeing on those? Do you have a range of barrel lengths or do you find 20-22" about the sweet spot? I'm mostly interested in the TTSX and LRX loads. Thanks!
Wuth the 120ttsx load I'm at 3050fps. I actually found a node that ran from 42gr up to 43.5. This is in a Ruger American with 22" barrel.

The 145LRX load is right around 2750fps coming out of Weatherby with a 24" barrel.

Duckboy23

FNG
No problem. I had to play with seating depth a little with the LRX to get the groups where I wanted. It was sub MOA but I actually found the Weatherby shot the Sierra's even better than the LRX. Another note also, I tried all these loads with 4064 powder as well, and Varget was substantially better.

Vern400

WKR
R15 worked best in mine with a 120. H414 and 2000mr worked as well but not as good in velocity or accuracy.
Same. Reloader 15 gets more precise as you push it harder. If you have a caliber and bullet weight where reloader 15 is an optimal powder it does a great job. Velocity and precision come together until you hit pressure. Unfortunately it's one of the most expensive powders right now... But none of them are cheap.

AkRyan

WKR
How's that brass been working out for you?
Tbh I never shot them...primer pickets are tight so I loaded them all up with cheap components to go fire them. I'm focusing on archery this year but I do plan on loading for my kids and wife so I will be sure to post results. In all fairness though the factory 150eldx ammo is pretty frigin hard to beat.

Tbh I never shot them...primer pickets are tight so I loaded them all up with cheap components to go fire them. I'm focusing on archery this year but I do plan on loading for my kids and wife so I will be sure to post results. In all fairness though the factory 150eldx ammo is pretty frigin hard to beat.
What rifle are you shooting the 150eodx factory ammo out of?

houser52

FNG
I haven’t seen Ramshot Hunter mentioned much but Big Game is used a lot.
I’ve been working on a new load using Hunter in my Tikka 20” Compact 7-08 and the 150 ELDX. It’s given me good accuracy and velocity so far. I still have to tweak the load a little but I’m liking it so far.