7saum popularity?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Berger 175 EH are basically the 180 hybrid, so you get the same bearing surface. Lots of guys get nearly the same velcity as the 180s with them.

For more speed, I think the 168 vld are a better bet. Bearing surface and weight both help with speed.

The accubond LR did pretty good for me fireforming, you might look at them too.

I want to go 22" on a 7 Sherman Short Mag. So, your numbers make me happy.

I have a 26" right now, but want a more packable rifle with my suppressor. I am hoping to stay over 2950, which I should be able to do. I am at 3050ish with 60.5 of RL26 and 180 vld, good load no pressure. I hit 3020 with H1000 and pressure signs.

I've had several different types of stocks from mcmillan and on a hunting rifle i like the feel on this one as good as any I've had the forearm width on the sporter is wide enough to accept a proof sendero lite with still a little flat on each side . But thats prob as large contour that I'd go. As a reference mcwhorter rifles will build on this stock to a 5.5 contour

Sadler

WKR
This is defiantly the biggest draw back on the XM action. There is only 1 magazine available. We have discussed this with Defiance and they stated they are looking at getting more options made. We have also talked with a magazine manufacture that will be getting into the AICS pattern magazine market later this year and recommended they manufacture a polymer 3 or 5 round magazine. both for weight and size. those 10 round XM magazines are quite large...
Any update on those mags? I’m looking at putting a XM length defiance anTi in your new element chassis and don’t want to be stuck with that ten round mag as my only option.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any update on those mags? I’m looking at putting a XM length defiance anTi in your new element chassis and don’t want to be stuck with that ten round mag as my only option.
Unfortunately no updates :(
The whole industry is so busy that just like us I'm sure new products and releases are being postponed for now. I really hope that someone has a new option sooner than later. I have a new 300WSM build on a AnTi-X and love it, but that magazine is so LARGE!! Probably going to look into someone cutting it down.

Sadler

WKR
Unfortunately no updates :(
The whole industry is so busy that just like us I'm sure new products and releases are being postponed for now. I really hope that someone has a new option sooner than later. I have a new 300WSM build on a AnTi-X and love it, but that magazine is so LARGE!! Probably going to look into someone cutting it down.
Wasn’t aware that you could cut them down. Once ya find someone that can do it, let us know. I’m sure there’s a handful of us in here that would appreciate that info.

Reactions: XLR
If I could only have one rifle, the 7 SAUM would be near the top. But, having multiple rifles it’s somewhat of a tweener, 6 and 6.5 for the smaller and medium game and 30’s for bigger game. For me 7’s don’t do much in a multiple rifle scenario. But just my opinion...

danimalrx

FNG
Justin at kinport peak rifles is your guy. I have the sam problem. Xm anti, element 3.0, 7 saum. He can get down the 10 round mags to 4 or 5. Nice dude

Am I missing something here? The 7saum seems like a dream caliber. From everything I’ve read and watched it’s more efficient than a 7wsm and 7 rem mag, has a great barrel life, manageable recoil vs other similar rounds in 7mm and 30 cal and will shoot very high BC Berger bullets a long way. All in a package that’s shorter barrel friendly, and unlike a 6.5prc, a round that most feel comfortable shooting elk and moose at longer ranges.

I’m still on the hunt for my build and before I pull the trigger on some brass someone was nice enough to turn me onto, I want to make sure there are no skeletons in the closet of the 7saum.

Why isn’t this thing more popular?
How is the 7 saum more efficient than the 7mmWSM? 11/1/22 the 7mmPRC is the new up-and-coming star

But will it experience the PRC click it’s kin folk share? Or did Hornady design that feature out this time.

BBob

WKR
But will it experience the PRC click it’s kin folk share? Or did Hornady design that feature out this time.
It does not appear that Hornady changed anything on this one to address previous issues with previous designs. JGS has the open source 7PRC AW version available to address the .200” line click issues. AW designed this reamer months ago anticipating Hornady would do what they’ve done previously and he appears to be correct.

If you are not reloading it wont matter. Also, many SAUMS have the same issue, like mine. :rolleyes:
I reload, of course. I've not had issue with my SAUM, sample of 1. I did have issue with a 270wsm, but just sent a handful of once fired brass to Redding and had them make me a full length sizer. That solved the issue.

BBob

WKR
A SAUM reamer used with a Redding sizing die needs to be about .551” at the .200” line to avoid clickers.

Bkottke35

WKR
Old thread. But, I did pick up a Ruger M77 MKII and some brass off the classifieds section of the forum. Waiting on dies to come in. Going to give the little SAUM a go and see how it does.