7th Annual NW Kifaru Rendezvous

Hi All,
Thought I'd throw an invite out there to those interested.
Aug. 3-4-5 will mark the 7th Annual Northwest Kifaru Rendezvous. We are working out location logistics, but should have things nailed down by the end of this week.
We have a core group of guys and gals who have been getting together every summer for a weekend of fine food, sometimes some shooting, sometimes fly fishing, always good discussions on gear, game, hunting and the backcountry, not to mention the possibility of an adult beverage or two.
We try to hike in somewhere to keep in the spirit of a backcountry get together, but have also done some drive-ups which certainly makes bringing some firepower and accessories easier.
You'll also have the chance to meet Patrick Smith, Pres and CEO of Kifaru. Patrick has joined on 5 previous occasions and will be attending again this year. Here's your chance to meet the man, pick his brain or maybe get some help fine-tuning than new pack prior to hunting season.
When we get the details ironed out, we'll post a PM or email address to request directions, then send specifics out privately rather than on public boards.
Hope to see and meet a few of you there.
Randy

OP
H
Ladies and Gents:

We have our destination nailed down. In general terms, we'll be doing a short backpacking trip into a wilderness location north of Highway 2, near Lake Wenatchee.

If you'd like to join us, we'd love to have and meet some new folks into backcountry hunting and rambling in the Pacific Northwest. Rumor has it that the lake has some fish. I know several folks are bringing some backcountry artillery to hone their skills with some longish range shooting, so feel free to bring your smokepoles.
We have traditionally all pitched in with food. Bring what you like for yourself and if you feel like sharing some game meats, sausage, jerky, whatever, you will have plenty of taste-testers. There is never a shortage of good food available for all.
This is a family friendly event. We want the youngsters to come out and fish, camp, shoot some guns and have fun in the outdoors. There will be adult beverages (BYOB), but to each his own. This is as fine a group of people as you will ever meet or share a fire with.
If you are interested in joining us please PM me with your email contact and I will send the information out privately. I will be traveling for business through late next Wednesday and have intermittent internet access, but will respond to all requests for info as quickly as possible.
Hope to see you there!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm not sure Patrick will let me go....He's got to deal with me everyday now!

Thanks for posting this up on the forums!

OP
H
Aron,
Just tell him how much more valuable feedback he'll get from real-world users of Kifaru gear with another ear to the ground, so to speak!
It would be cool to meet you. Hopefully, you guys can work it out.

Ryan just told me about this thread... I will be there FOR SURE! Just don't make fun of me in my crappy tent or hammock.... :)

Mike

Heather, I also sent you a PM. No response yet... anybody have anymore information on this trip? PM me with info please...

Mike

Bushcraft

FNG
Heather, I also sent you a PM. No response yet... anybody have anymore information on this trip? PM me with info please...

Mike

Mike,

Randy has been travelling on business and got back last night. I just got off the phone with him and he'll be getting back to everyone's inquiries later today or tonight.

Best regards,

Allen

OP
H
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I sent out PM's just to let you know I am alive, but need to get to my desktop tonite to get the detail info out to you.
Thanks for having my back Allen.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be there! PM sent for details. This coincides nicely with my annual camping trip with folks from work. About 20 of my coworkers and I are staying in the state park that weekend so this works out perfectly!

OP
H
PM's out to those who requested.

Traveling again for a couple of days and I won't have access to my files via work computer.
I can respond again, likely on Thursday if anyone has any questions or needs info.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Randy

Randy,
I got your PM on the location and I've been up there before, a few times actually... really pretty place and if we're lucky the berries should be ripening up by then but it may be early yet.

The last time I was in there at this lake was 2008 and there aren't any fish in there, or at least there wasn't 4 years ago. Not a big issue for me, but I know that I will be bringing my rifle instead of my flyrod for this trip and it might be a good idea to let others in on the info as well.

Mike

Thanks for the response Randy! I will be there and am hoping to bring my wife and possibly one of my kids, should be a great outing and am looking forward to checking out some of Patrick and Arons gear as a well as meeting them. Im hoping my T2 will be here by then but not likely, it sure would be nice to have it and get some tips from the experts in properly sizing it to my body. Was gonna be Goat scouting in the Goat Rocks this weekend but am gonna post pone it for this outing! See you guys there! James

Bushcraft

FNG
Patrick and Aron will be touching down around 5:30. For those that would like to meet them and other like-minded people in person, I'm thinking about swinging by a pub in North Seattle before hopping the ferry to my home on the Peninsula. Alternatively, we might just beat feet to my place and BS there with anyone from that side that can't make it to the Rondy locale. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks!

Allen

Last edited:
Sorry all I got to cancel on next weekend. Last minute business trip heading to Wisconsin next weekend to do some work with Rock Creek Barrels. Have fun and if you are from WA.... BUY A BEAR TAG! Lot of Smokeys around there and a few big ones! Have fun guys.

Mike

Bushcraft

FNG
UPDATE: There's a slight change in venue. Detailed information will be forthcoming later today to those that were planning on attending.

Allen

Bushcraft

FNG
Oh, they are absolutely going to make it. We are just changing the destination to a nearby "Plan B" location that's arguably going to be better for the number of people involved. You're going to dig it. I'll send you a PM in a bit.

Allen