8 or 10 power 28x32mm binocs

FredBear86

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys looking for some suggestions on some 8 or 10 power binocs in 28 or 32 mm. Got some 10x42 that I use out west but would like something for hunting the whitetail woods at home that dont weigh as much and more compact. Not looking to spend a ton, would like to do less than 200. What's some of the better options in that price range?

Ctpa61

FNG
Vortex Diamond back 10x28 have treated me good even when archery elk hunting. I would also check out their 10x 36 monocular as well

Rodéo

WKR
I wouldn't go more than 8x in a 28mm model. 2.8 exit pupil is just too small to take advantage of the light during most hunting hours imo. 8x28, 8x30, or better yet, 6x30 are better configurations imo.

I've tried out the maven 30mm series in 8x and really like them.

Edit: Looked at your price point, sightron blue sky 8x32 are the only one I've tried that meets your criteria and they're decent little glass for the money. Should serve you well.

8x32 is a solid choice. You have 10s. 10x in small exit glass = crappy low light views. Especially in cheaper glass. But I even had some 10x32 EL Swarovski binocs that didn’t do low light well.

I switched over to 8x32s recently for wisco whitetails and turks. Lighter, smaller, bigger FOV nothing to not like about it. Just remember you get what you pay for. Started with Diamondbacks and now have some old Els, what a difference. If you look hard enough deals can be found, ebay and classifieds are your friend. And because they are so compact I tend to take them with me way more often. Because I've enjoyed the switch so much it has me thinking about trying some 6 or 7x, for even more FOV. And sometimes even 8x is too much when you aren't looking far in the whitetail woods.

One last thing my experience with anything smaller than a 30mm objective hasn't been pleasant. The ergos are just not as good IMO.

nnotch

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Leupold BX1 Yosemite in 6x30.... Awesome for whitetail here in MN... looks like they are discontinued in 6x now and are available in either 8x's or 10x's....

Matt G.

WKR
For a little more i would go with Kowa BD II XD 8x32mm . They even have a 6.5 version

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I have a pair of Vortex DiamondBack compact 8x28mm that are nice! (And light too!) Only thing is it's not going to provide you with any help in light gathering. Pretty much going to be same as what you can see with your eyes in terms of brightness in the image. If you're woods are thick and darker, you may really want to consider some 8x42's so you can see better than your eyes in the dark mornings and last-legal-shooting-light.