$80 850 fill down puffy!

xcutter

WKR
I purchased one of these $80 puffys. I'm very impressed with the quality. Hasn't been cold enough for me to wear it yet. The sizing is a little weird though. I wear 2XL in Kuiu clothing and Sitka. XL in First Lite. I ordered the 3XL based on the sizing dimensions. It fits but is a little big. Wish I had a 2XL to compare with. It will be okay by the time I add some layers underneath.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not seeing a non hooded option, I see a heavy down non hood and synthetic options, even vests. I have a hooded synthetic puffy (Kuiu) and down vest (mt hardware) I'd like a non hooded down option for under my Kuiu hybrid jacket but I want light and packable to fit inside a daypack when not in use.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ah, the secret is finally out :)

I bought this jacket 2-3 years ago in gray specifically for backpack hunting. I've abused it pretty good over the last couple of years and it's still my go-to and running strong. A run through the wash at the end of each season does the trick for restoring loft nicely as well. This might be the best thing I've purchased by way of clothing for hunts. I think I scored mine on sale for $50-60 back then.

I will 100% suggest going up a size or even two. The fit is loose in the stomach, but made for a child in the arms/chest.

I bought 23* jackets for my kids. So far they like them. I'll see how they hold up. Right now we're combining the puffy with some Helly Hanson rain jackets. I don't have need for a puffy yet,

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Well just ordered jackets for my wife and I. She needed a winter jacket and wanted a puffy, and somehow one for me jumped into the cart.

rodney747

WKR
Know it's been awhile but their ad shows 800 not 850. Zipper opposite of here in the states. And chest pocket too small for a cell phone. Still want one for my son who will out grow it anyway but just checking if I'm looking at the same item?

The opposite zipper screws with me and I wear Large everything and went with XL based on recommendations here. It fits well over my fleece jacket and under my softshell. That said, I would sell it if anyone is interested. Too many hoods going on and going with a hoodless puffy layer

TX1

FNG
Purchased one of these and have been wearing it the last couple of days with the snow and freezing temps with a light windbreaker and I am happy with how it performs.

OP
TxAg

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
Know it's been awhile but their ad shows 800 not 850. Zipper opposite of here in the states. And chest pocket too small for a cell phone. Still want one for my son who will out grow it anyway but just checking if I'm looking at the same item?
Yes, same item. It is 850 fill using US standards, EU measures differently.

montei

FNG
Has anyone tried their synthetic?

I liked their down jacket so much I bought one of these as well for around town. Also sized up in it. It’s a pretty nice jacket for $50. I live in MN so it’s kept me warm running around town in some pretty cold temps. It’s kinda noisy and doesn’t breath that well so I don’t think I would use it hunting.

Voyageur

WKR
Interesting reading....
I'm curious if anyone has tried the warmer version of the down jacket? I think it's called the Forclaz Trek 500.
Those of you who purchased one of these (either down or synthetic) what are your thoughts after using it this past season?
@VernAK were you able to get one shipped to AK?
Thanks.

I'm very interested to try this. Looks like great value
It worked really well for me last season and added under a windproof outer shell, it kept me warm in the teens in 15mph winds out here in wyoming. It isn't a huge puffy that will keep you warm in subzero, but if you remember to size up and can forgive the fact that they put the zipper on the wrong side, it will serve you well.

I'm 6ft 190lbs and an XL is almost not big enough. It layers well, but it wouldn't fit over the top of my Large Bora Kryptek Jacket.