<$800 rifle

dguns18

FNG
Hello,

I am in the market for a new rifle in the sub $800 dollar category, would prefer .308 as I have ammo and reloading supplies already. Am open to 6.5 creedmoor if it would offer benefits.

Would be using this for a WY antelope hunt this fall. Plan on mounting a vortex diamondback tactical 4-16 scope for reference. I am looking at the TIkka T3x lite (with Cabelas discounts and rebates, it would be about $550 bucks) Also have seen the Browning X-bolt stalker, Bergara b14 hunter. Any other reccomendations for another rifle or one over another.

Thanks

Beckjhong

WKR
I bought a tikka t3x lite in 270 and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlmmarine

WKR
I bought the t3x superlite and its a great gun far superior to some of yhe other guns ive used
I saw a lite modele today at florida gun exchange in 243 on clearance for 415 and i almost bought it just because. Call them in the morning. And have it shipped to where your ffl

N2TRKYS

WKR
I just recently bought a Remington Model Seven SS in 308. I haven't had a chance to work loads up for it, but factory ammo was accurate in it.

If it shoots half as good as my Model Seven SS in 7-08, it'll be a keeper.

I think my Rem 700 ADL was in that range but without a box mag and no trigger adjustment it leaves much to be desired

I have a Tikka T3 in 308 and a Browning
X bolt HC Speed in 30 06. Both are awesome guns. You can't go wrong with either.

The trigger on the Tikka can be set a bit lower than the X Bolt, both bolts are super smooth and both shoot sub MOA. I like the stock on the X Bolt better. So go and handle both and pick the one that feels best, they will both shoot lights out!

WKR
For a cheaper scope, I'd for sure go SWFA 6x or 10x on it. Or could be talked into a SWFA 3-9 as well. That goes for whichever rig you buy.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
All great options. I would put the Bergara and the tikka above the others though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tikka - Bergara - or a Ruger Hawkeye would all be good choices. My son has a Ruger MKII in 6mm Remington and it sure shoots! I think a 6x42 mm Leupold or a 4.5-14x40mm Leupold would be an excellent scope for your rifle also. The B&C reticle is simple and works great out to 500 yards. The 6x42mm scope I think I would think about getting Leupold to put in the LR dots so you can have easy holdovers up to 500 yards.

sveltri

WKR
I am primarily a bowhunter, but wanted a new rifle. My dad is really into, and pretty good at, bench rest shooting and longer range as well. His recommendation to me was the Bergara B-14 (7 mag), I could not be happier with that gun.