<$800 rifle

Tikka has the smoothest action of the three (if you carry about that), great trigger, light weight, and has reliably retained a reputation of shooting very well.

Bergara offers great value as well, great trigger, flooded aftermarket support, and also notoriously good shooting. Can be had threaded at that price range as well.

Browning makes a good gun that always seem to shoot well, but the triggers for me are far inferior to the other companies.

Also consider if you want a magazine (tikka) or floor plate (bergara). Best of luck.

Buzby

WKR
Just to be “that guy” browning doesn’t make any firearms. Miroku in Japan make the X bolt. Miroku does make damn nice guns though.

BCD

WKR
Tikka has the smoothest action of the three (if you carry about that), great trigger, light weight, and has reliably retained a reputation of shooting very well.

Bergara offers great value as well, great trigger, flooded aftermarket support, and also notoriously good shooting. Can be had threaded at that price range as well.

Browning makes a good gun that always seem to shoot well, but the triggers for me are far inferior to the other companies.

Also consider if you want a magazine (tikka) or floor plate (bergara). Best of luck.
You can get a $15 MCarbo trigger spring for the Browning and solve the trigger issue. I would always choose the Browning over a Tikka

16Bore

WKR
A. Tikka T3X Lite or Superlite
2. Tikka T3X Lite or Superlite
D. Tikka T3X Lite or Superlite

Or maybe a Tikka...

There’s a SS 270 on 24hr Campfire right now for $500 TYD. It’d be mine if I didn’t already have one in 30-06.

That leaves you 3 bills towards your scope.

OP
D

dguns18

FNG
Just received the $75 visa card for purchasing the rifle at Scheels a few months ago. Which made the final price around $475 with tax.

I did free float the barrel, and shoots just under 1moa with FGMM and 178ELDX handloads.

The vortex performed fine on the hunt, however the clicks on the turret were a little mushy, and I just didn't trust the vortex. I couldn't pass up the deal SWFA was offering on the 3-15 FFP scope, so now that is on the Tikka with sportsmatch rings.Also picked up zero stop shims from ebay. Added a limbsaver recoil pad, which helped with recoil in my opinion. Next may be a KRG bravo stock, but haven't decided yet.

SwampBone

FNG
I’m also a tikka fan. I own a Bergara b-14 in 6.5 creedmoor as well and it has all the accuracy I need along with a great trigger pull. But one thing i don’t like about it is the non locking bolt. (Say you’re walking through brush and kick the bolt half way open) I can see how it most likely wouldn’t be a problem but I’m always looking for the unexpected problems in quick shot hunting scenarios. What is the advantage of a non locking bolt? Maybe it’s a non-issue, I don’t know.