825 Yard .45 Cal Sidelock, BACO .443-530E

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I Hammered my 20X20 inch Gong at 825 Yards a few Mornings ago With 1 of my the Old Sidelock Muzzleloaders i put together, 3 Shots just under MOA (y) Buffalo Arms Elliptical Paper Patch Bullet, Mold JIM443-530E

Equipment: Thompson Center Renegade Stock, Lee Shaver Long Range Soule (Super Grade) Tang Peep sight. 32” Green Mountain Barrel, 1:18 Twist .45 Cal, With Lee Shaver adjustable Windage front sight, and Shaver’s BPCR Inserts.

lR1mCTTl.jpg

0R24XEZl.jpg

aLuF108l.jpg

1l1WpSXm.jpg

liQjc25l.jpg

OXN939

WKR
This is a solid reminder that, when I'm thinking I'm high speed as a blackpowder hunter, I have barely begun to scratch the surface. Solid shooting.

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome shooting Lewis. Tell me about that moonshine spray bottle. Some type of bore cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEET in the RED Bottle for Swabbing Between Shots (Real Blackpowder leaves a NASTY Fouling). RED Bottle HEET is just a REALLY HIGH Content Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol, Like 99%. My reasoning is Due to how Fast it Dries. With my Rifle on it’s Side, or Upright Level in my Shooting Rest Setup, I Run 1, sometimes 2 Wet Patches Down (Depending on Fouling? Paper Patch is Shot BONE Dry, Therefore Fouling is Rougher than a Grease Groove Bullet) And 2 Dry Patches. Bore is now BONE Dry, and Ready to Re-Load (y)

UYo1tFpm.jpg

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Never heard of Heet used for that. I’ll pick some up and give it a try. Thanks!

It works really well (y)

It just now dawned on me, isnt this the Guy that Bought my 1:20 Twist .45 Cal Knight Mountaineer? That Rifle Shot Paper Patch Bullets REALLY Well

This was your Rifle, 1 of a Few different Paper Patch loads that worked Really well in it
6DVpTDGl.jpg

Grumman

WKR
Yep I was the buyer of that fine rifle. Sadly I have still not shot it. I need to order up some of those bullets and try that load. I just joined a range where I can shoot out to 300 yards.

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Yep I was the buyer of that fine rifle. Sadly I have still not shot it. I need to order up some of those bullets and try that load. I just joined a range where I can shoot out to 300 yards.

AWESOME! That is a REALLY good Shooting Gun. The Video of me Shooting that Rifle at 600 Yards is on my Youtube Channel, Knight Rifles also has it on their Channel.

Here it is (Your Rifle) This was Fun to do. That Mountaineer is RIGHT AT HOME Doing this(y)

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
AWESOME! That is a REALLY good Shooting Gun. The Video of me Shooting that Rifle at 600 Yards is on my Youtube Channel, Knight Rifles also has it on their Channel.

Here it is (Your Rifle) This was Fun to do. That Mountaineer is RIGHT AT HOME Doing this(y)

At 1:50-1:55 in the Video (Just after my 1st Shot) you hear me Speak of “Sticky“ Bolt Lift, Extracting the Primer. That was Due to a Longer Primer than i had Headspaced that New Lehigh Breech Plug for. What you want for that Rifle/Breech plug is Primers that Measure .298-.300 in length, .301 will get a little Sticky to Extract, and .302s can be VERY Sticky to Extract, Which is PRECISELY what happened in the Video above. That Video was before I had learned there was such a Variance in Primer Length from the Same Box of Primers. It was after that Video that i Started measuring, and Sorting Primers. I was Shooting Regular Blue Box Winchester 209s and they Varied in length From .298 to .302