8x Bino Recommendations

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I know this has been talked about on previous threads but I thought I'd see if I can get some more recommendations. I am looking for a pair of 8x binos under $400. They will mainly be for my girlfriend to use when we go shed hunting. I am open to both 32 and 42mm.

Cabelas/Bass Pro will have the Vortex Viper HDs for under $300 for Black Friday. They only issue is they are 10s and not 8s.

Meopta MeoPro. Ive used the Viper HD’s and MeoPro’s side by side and kept the MeoPro’s. Glass on both were comparable but the Vipers had this strange issue where as much as the top third of the glass was blurry. I went to a BassPro and looked through a pair of Viper 10x42’s, same thing. I ordered the Vipers first and if not for that issue I would have kept them. Ended up getting the MeoPro’s cheaper. A good price on 8x42‘s would be about $400 or a little less. I got mine a couple years ago for $375. Not sure that is possible today. SportOptics has 16% off but not in stock. 10x are in stock.

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
There were some 8x42 meopros in the classifieds a couple weeks back. I think the price was $325.

Hard to beat meopros for the price. I love my tract torics I bought on a black friday deal 2 yrs ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Since everyone else went high, I'll go low: Athlon Midas 8x42. I have the gen1 model and it blows Vortex Diamonbacks out of the water. Super wide FOV (426') and decent clarity, due to ED glass. They're a little hefty but not bad at all with a harness. I got mine for $216 total.

Pgidley

FNG
Have to agree with others that suggested the Meopro 8x42s. I tried a lot of different pairs around that price range. Vipers, Mavens, Nikons, Leupolds etc, both in 10x42 and 8x42, and overall the Meopro 8x42s were the easy winner. They have very good eye relief which was a bonus for me as a glasses wearer.

I will be getting a pair of Meostar 10x42s in the future. They are also amazing, but a jump in price obviously.

K-22

FNG
I know this has been talked about on previous threads but I thought I'd see if I can get some more recommendations. I am looking for a pair of 8x binos under $400. They will mainly be for my girlfriend to use when we go shed hunting. I am open to both 32 and 42mm.
Nikon Monarch 7s are some of the best glass you can get for less than $1000. They have been on sale locally for $400.
I have the 10x42, and the 8x42.
I have had these for about 3 years.
When I did my research, I found them to be very well reviewed, and I would have to agree.
Best,
Gary

Sell33

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of meopro 8x32 that were sub $400. They are fantastic for the price. You should definitely consider Meopta.

glassman

FNG
Try out a pair of Leupold Alpine in 8 or 10X42 for a bit less than $200, they surprised me and they are very portable, Leupold did a good job with these. That way if she does not go out with you again, you have not committed too much $$.

Andy W.