8x14 Home Gym Thoughts

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
So I’ve reached a point that I’m going to build a 24x16’ shop in my back yard for a home gym and a small welding shop. But I’m probably 6 months out on getting that built.

I have a 14x8’ patio off my house that I’m going to enclose and will eventually be an office for my wife next school year. I can have this done in just a few weeks and my thinking is to make this my temporary home gym until I get the shop put up. I’m thinking I can deal with 14x8’ temporarily. Any thoughts given these parameters?

Equipment:

Rogue RML-3WC 21.5” Rack
230lbs of bumpers
Ohio bar w/ collars
Monster Standard Bench
Matador dip attachment
Land mine attachment
Horse stall matting
Undecided on dumbbells….

LostArra

WKR
I don't understand.
Are the photos your current setup? Very nice. (Different bikes?)
Or just examples of what you would like to build?
I like the last setup best because a 7'2" olympic bar in a space 8' wide doesn't leave much wiggle room.
Ceiling height for pressing?

OP
W

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
Photos are examples of what I’m planning to do. Rack would go on the long wall of course. 8-10’ vaulted ceiling so plenty of room for pull-ups and overhead lifts

Approximately how much do setups like those cost?
As far as a guys imagination (and wallet) can take him.... :)

You can pick up a great set of bumper plates, barbell, and rack for around $5-600.00. The bikes, rowers, etc. are nice, but you can get alot of work done with sprints, running, etc. too.

I picked up the above (rack, etc.), a variety of dumbbells, and made a weighted sandbag set up and tire sled drag for WELL under $1K.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Bodycraft RFT is an excellent, compact option if you’re willing to spend the coin. You can do any barbell movement, plus there’s multiple cable pull options. If I had the space at home and was willing to drop that amount, that’s what I’d get.

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pretty small workout space in my garage. Folding rack and dumbbell rack. If I had to do it all over again I probably would of done click together mats and not horse stall mats.0094ED98-AAD6-4A59-8F31-79DC39D6A7FE.jpeg

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
They were a little more expensive and kind of tough to handle and cut to fit. Not anything terrible but my brother is doing click together and I think that’s the route i will go next time. Mine are the 3/4” mats.

LostArra

WKR
Hauling around a 3/4" horse stall mat is a workout on it's own!

I made a small 3-piece platform with a horse stall mat and 3/4" plywood simply for deadlifts and cleans. I use iron plates except for a couple of Hi-Temp 45's but I don't drop or toss around a barbell. The smaller platform pieces let me move it somewhat easily if I need space in my shop.