8x32 budget bino

Matt G.

WKR
So with a very young family, my funds became very tight. I have a very good 10x42. I am looking for a small compact that I can free hand through dense vegetation. this pair will be used in whitetail woods mostly picking apart in the vegetation spot and stalking. what do you recommend in the sub $300?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So with a very young family, my funds became very tight. I have a very good 10x42. I am looking for a small compact that I can free hand through dense vegetation. this pair will be used in whitetail woods mostly picking apart in the vegetation spot and stalking. what do you recommend in the sub $300?

Possibly a Japanese made Porro prism bino like the Kowa 8x30 for around $100 or some similar Nikon porro prism. Porro prism is the best bang for the $$ your looking to spend.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Sightron Blue Sky II 8x32.

Solid build, good glass. The eye relief and eye cups work perfectly for me. The birders will nit pick every detail of every binocular but overall they get good marks there too. I've got Swaro 8x42 and they are better but not 10x better (price) and I carry the Sightrons to a treestand a lot more just because of weight.

EastMT

WKR
A lot of people are swearing by the endeavor Ed 8x32. I have good large glass but really want to dip my toe into the smaller glass class. At $249 new, $150 or so used on eBay, might be worth a look

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
I have a like new pair of Leupold McKinleys 8x42 HD that are awesome. I’d throw in a AGC bino harness with it shipped for $275. I have it up the the optics for sale section for pictures.

Some great options mentioned above. If your budget is a little higher I really love my maven b3 8x32. I’ve seen them pop up in classifieds just a little higher than your budget. Great low light performance, will take you to beyond shooting lights. Would have no problem using them as primary glass for everything but very long range glassing.

zankuleg

FNG
There's a bunches of them at the classified section. don't know about $300 but for $500 and you will get something really descent.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new Kowa BDII 8x32 is a nice option as is their new wide angle 6.5x32 Please give a call to discuss it
Do you have a measurement for the pupil distance (binocular barrel distance) on the Kowa? I didn't see it listed anywhere. My father has wide eyes and looking for something in 8x32

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Doug's a good dude, hes hooked me up with quality stuff at a good price give him a call I m sure he's got something that will work for you.

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
yep I bought my meostars 10x42 from him. I love them but just looking fir something I can one hand through the timber. looking for something best bang for the buck.

Sightron blue sky or the fujinon equivalent. I've seen them as low as $50.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
which of these does not give the roller ball effect? just tried the vortex diamond hd and it was very noticable to me...I may be spoiled by the meostars...

I think your going to run into that with some of the less expensive models and unfortunately some of the big money ones as well. Id still try out a pair of porros over the inexpensive roofs....

I didn't like the Vortex Diamonds at all my self and found a pair of old Bushnell Binos I gave my kid where better...

Doug may be able to answer better. I m no optics expert by any means, just know my high quality porros have hands down crushed nearly everything 2x -3x the price .

Look at Kowa, Steiner, Swift and Pentax

Last edited:
OP
Matt G.

Matt G.

WKR
so I guess the issue wasn't roller ball but a lot of pincushioning.... I end up finding a killer deal on the GPO Passion ED 8x32. wow night and day difference. seems very well built. I can't wait to put to use.

AnchorF22

WKR
My go to set of lightweight tree stand binos are Kahles 8x32-- nice and compact, and great glass. I've used a set of Leupold BX-2 Acadias in 10x42 for a number of years and I've enjoyed them-- those should fit your budget. Also, you might look for a used pair of slightly higher end binos, Meoptas (also Cabela Euro) higher offerings. Alternatively, Nikon's Monarch line has plenty of options, some that fit your budget, some that might be over it for new, but maybe you could pick up used, and they have all different size formats.