8x32's as an all-around choice

I scored a sweet deal on Leica Ultravid 8x20’s on here and used them almost exclusively over my 12x50’s this season. Most days I didn’t even bring the 12x50’s with me.

I’m convinced compact is the way to go.

A local sporting goods store has some NL Pures in 8 and 10 x 32s. Man those 32mms are much lighter and compact. It is tempting to go with an 8 x 32.

I have some full size binoculars that I really like optically, but I have learned that I simply do not like carrying much weight on my chest, no matter which bino harness setup I try. I'm looking to lighten up a little bit and am considering downsizing to a 32mm binocular. I got some great responses earlier when I asked about 10x32's, but I'm curious about 8x32's as well. They might be a little more forgiving in lower light conditions.

Anyone here use 8x32's as all-around binoculars? I am considering (on the low end) Sightron Blue Sky 8x32's. I am willing to spend more - the Kowa BD II looks nice as does the Meopro on the high end of the price spectrum.

How much will I regret not having 8x42's along, assuming similar optical quality?
they will not be more forgiving in low light... will be the opposite. i have some 8x30slc, and they are not near as bright in low light as the same bino in a 10x42.

i bought those little slc's for archery hunting, but i haven't hunted with them once in at least a couple years, they are a compromise i guess i'm not willing to make.

at the end of the day, you will have to try them out and decide if it's a good compromise for you.... i like having very capable glass on my chest at all times these days, you may be the complete opposite and love the smaller binos.... not a decision i would make, but i do think trying it would be your best bet.... we all value things different for different reasons, if you don't like the weight enough to give up a little performance, it may be the right decision.... if small objectives were as good as big objectives, we would all use mini glass

I own the most recent version swarovski 8x32 el and 10x42 el. Both have outdoorsmwns studs and I use both on a tripod. I use both about equally over the season. Each are outstanding but also have their niche.

The 8x32s are outstanding for treestand hunting deer or anything that does not involve super long range glassing. The 10x42 have a little extra horsepower for that. I carry each in a size small marsupial chest rig. The 10s are noticeably bigger and heavier but not a deal breaker.

I have found the 8x32 really give me the wow factor for size to performance. The view is amazing.

The best binos in the world are only of value when in your hands when you need them, not in the truck or collecting dust in the safe. I do not do anything hunting related without one of these 2 in my chest rig on my chest. It is a gamechanger in my eyes.

Roguer53

FNG
I own the most recent version swarovski 8x32 el and 10x42 el. Both have outdoorsmwns studs and I use both on a tripod. I use both about equally over the season. Each are outstanding but also have their niche.

The 8x32s are outstanding for treestand hunting deer or anything that does not involve super long range glassing. The 10x42 have a little extra horsepower for that. I carry each in a size small marsupial chest rig. The 10s are noticeably bigger and heavier but not a deal breaker.

I have found the 8x32 really give me the wow factor for size to performance. The view is amazing.

The best binos in the world are only of value when in your hands when you need them, not in the truck or collecting dust in the safe. I do not do anything hunting related without one of these 2 in my chest rig on my chest. It is a gamechanger in my eyes.
Agreed. Like I tell my buddies, they're only great and wonderful if you have them on you. Does you no good if they're locked in the truck 3 miles back...lol.

gearguywb

WKR
We looked at quite a few options at the sheep show. Pretty much sold on adding a set of 8x32's for carrying and all around glass.

Liked both the Swaro's and Leica's