8x32's as an all-around choice

Blue72

WKR
For the budget your looking at. Maybe consider Maven 7x28.

I just received mine yesterday. They only weigh 12 ounces and they are more stable then 8x. A very relaxing binocular that I never got tired looking through handheld.

overlooking my beach I can clearly see people and dogs over a mile away

tdot

WKR
Another thing to consider is your basic eyesight. If you're younger, with excellent eyes, then a 8x is going to be awesome for you. If you're eyesight isn't what it used to be, then a 10x might be more enjoyable for you.

prm

WKR
My primary hunting binos are Swaro 8x30 CLs. I don’t feel I’m lacking anything. In fact, less is more in this case.
I have Meopta 15s if I want to sit and glass at a distance.

Own(ed) a stable full of alpha and near alpha binoculars and really like to compare. With the same general class of glass, prisms and components a 42mm binocular has natural performance advantages over a 32mm. That’s just simple physics and bending light. Will the average hunter notice the difference in hunting situations? The problem is most guys compare optics inside of stores or in open areas in the mid-day sun. Neither of which are come close to lighting for hunting situations. Most game moves in the within an hour or so of sunrise or sunset. While that $250 32mm might look bright and clear while reading a street sign at mid-day, put it up against an SLC or Zeiss Victory 42mm at first and last light and the difference will be obvious. Same for piercing deep into shadows while glassing during the day. The 42mm will bring more detail into view.

To me If someone is mostly checking out game that is already in open view during full daylight a 32mm is fine. But for picking apart a landscape or serious glassing sessions then it is a 42mm all day long. Also, if size/weight is the issue - a Nikon Monarch HG 42mm is the smallest quality 42mm I know of, and at 23.5 oz weighs about the same as many quality 32mms.

Don’t get me wrong - I have several 32mms including a Zeiss Victory FL and Leica Trinovid. Sometimes like using a 32mm for still-hunting in eastern hardwoods. But for an all-around glass prefer 42mm.

WestNE

WKR
I spent a couple seasons doing everything with an Euro HD 8x32. Got stupid, sold them, regret it terribly but don't have the funds to replace right now...

Light transmission was never an issue for my uses. To be honest the eyecups didn't fit me the best but I'll be going back to a mid-tier 8x30/32 the next time an opportunity presents itself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TURNER208

FNG
Thanks for everyone's input on here as I am looking to upgrade my binos and this question has crossed my mind as well. Does anyone have any experience with the Zeiss Victory SF 8x32s? Wondering how they fair in low light with such quality glass.

AGPank

WKR
Thanks for everyone's input on here as I am looking to upgrade my binos and this question has crossed my mind as well. Does anyone have any experience with the Zeiss Victory SF 8x32s? Wondering how they fair in low light with such quality glass.

I just picked up a pair. I’m still in evaluation mode. Glass is excellent, I prefer to the previous 8x32 EL SV I had. They are very light, well balanced, and quality alpha construction. Very smooth focus wheel (one thing Swarovski need to improve IMO). I haven’t really tested tough lighting situations with them. My only negative is that they are long. They are taller than a Leica 42mm UV probably close to an EL length. The light weight is welcomed, but far from a compact 32mm body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURNER208

FNG
I just picked up a pair. I’m still in evaluation mode. Glass is excellent, I prefer to the previous 8x32 EL SV I had. They are very light, well balanced, and quality alpha construction. Very smooth focus wheel (one thing Swarovski need to improve IMO). I haven’t really tested tough lighting situations with them. My only negative is that they are long. They are taller than a Leica 42mm UV probably close to an EL length. The light weight is welcomed, but far from a compact 32mm body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only been able to get my hands on the 10x32s and i actually liked the longer style as it seemed to fit my hands better than more compact 32s. Would you keep us updated when you have had some time to evaluate in low light. I'm pretty torn on whether the 32's will be great for me or if I should just get the 8x42's and be done with it. Kind of wanting this next pair to be my lone binos that I pair with my spotter, which I always pack for mule deer.

Firehawk

WKR
Not the exact scenario you are considering, but I shot the TAC in Big Sky this past weekend with only my 8x30 Maven B3. They worked really well for the quick look at the target, to track other's shots in the group, and for seeing the vitals in targets buried in the shady trees. I haven't spent long glassing sessions with them, but I could see myself using them all season with no worries. If you had a true Alpha type 8x30 or 8x32 bino, I truly think you could handle sitting behind them for long glassing sessions, especially from a tripod. My B3 has a brighter and larger view than the Maven C1 8x42 we also own. So I would take them over the C1 everyday of the week. Your mileage may vary, but I think you will find there are VERY few circumstances that the handier size 8x30/32 is a hinderance, but especially with a really good alpha type bino that you are considering. Good luck and have fun!

Gen273

WKR
Swaro SLC 8x30 is my all-time favorite all-around hunting binoculars.

7x35 used to be a really standard binocular, big wide field and fast acquisition for birdwatching. Not sure why it fell out of favor, I think people are in love with "more zoom" but don't quite realize what they're giving up.

CoStick

WKR
I was leaning towards 8x32 el, the birder forums didn’t feel the conquest HD gave up much to them. Picked up a like new pair , called ZEISS and they sent me the longer eye cups and I am really enjoying these.

ia bhtr

FNG
I have 25+ year old 8x30 Swaros and 10x42 Vortex ( don't remember model - but top end ) , I hardly ever pick up the Vortex , the Swaros do fine in a whitetail tree stand or out west glassing , light weight , compact

So I think the ones you are looking at would be similar and would do everything you want

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using Zeiss Conquest hd 8x32 for several years now and love them. I appreciate the smaller size and lighter weight than an 8x42 and never felt that I lost anything in low light or any situation because of a smaller objective.

I also have Vortex Viper HD in 8x32 and they are great for the money.