8x42 Binos around $500???

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
If you have the time, you can keep an eye out for a pair of the Tract binos, either for sale on here, or on their outlet option. The guys who run it (John and John) are pretty responsive if you want to ask if they have any open box or other deals in the near future.

EuroOptic often has some killer deals on demos and used equipment. I just got a pair of Zeiss Conquest 10-42 demos there for just a bit more. Otherwise, the Midway deal on Leupold BX4 is pretty hard to beat.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
There are a pair of used Tracts in the classifieds. $325

Sobie2

FNG
If you can find them, the Bushnell Legend M-series 8x42 is ABSOLUTELY amazing, ED glass too. I found out about these from Outdoor Magazine's optics review they came out on top for their category. Amazon had them for also low as $135 when I picked them up 2 years ago for a Dall Sheep hunt. They easily stand up to my Dad's Leica binos, and I am not knocking them. Apparently they are a real magical bino. Ebay still has them new at times. Totally worth the price and below your budget. They also have Rainguard which is a coating for rain/fog/mist if that is a factor where you live (sure is for me in Southeast Alaska). I was so impressed with mine that I recently bought the Bushnell 12x50 Engage which was supposed to be the new version of the Legend M-Series (same chassis and glass features)... sadly it is not (not as bright, nor clear, and the focus isn't as precise). I can't try either in local stores being in Southeast Alaska. But if you can find a new old stock Legend M-Series (Bushnell made E, L, and M series in increasing price and features) the 8x42 is a gem. Post what you end up buying!

Sobie2

OP
B

bate2719

FNG
There are some good reviews on here for the leupold bx 4. You can pick up a pair on sale for 370 from midway.com.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip here! I ended up ordering a set of 8x42 from Midway and will be trying them out on my sheep, caribou and moose hunts this fall. Will update all on the performance.

Q child

WKR
My favorite at <$500 are the Monarch 7s. Used the 8s for years. Good glass, lightweight package.
I beat the crap out of them then sent them in for a repair. Nikon gave me a brand new pair.