9 Week wait

gulicemo

Banned
Came to an end...

Finally picked up my new bow at the shop last night. I'm relatively new to archery, picked it up Spring of '12 when I bought a used bow for hunting turkeys close to a residential area. It's become a sickening obsession only fueled by a missed long beard last year. Decided this year to sell some old stuff to fund a bow that actually fit me. It took a while (9 weeks) to get because I'm a south paw, but initial impressions are that it was worth the wait.

Hoyt Charger LH
68# 27.5" Draw Length
Spot Hogg Hunter 7 pin
QAD Ultra rest HDX
Tight Spot
B Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme 8"
Orange and Black for the Best baseball team there is...

On reccomendation from my LBS, I made up a dozen Easton wildthings. 27", they came in a bit lighter than I would have liked, but for turkeys, rabbits and blacktails, they should be fine. After they are all broken, I may consider a heavier arrow in the event that I head east for an Elk hunt. According to http://www.stickemarchery.com/stickemcart/archery-calculators.aspx they should be traveling in the 295 fps range.

Charger2_zps9bdf899a.jpg

Excited to get it dialed this weekend.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Well done! what broadheads do you plan on using?

OP
gulicemo

gulicemo

Banned
So far I'm very happy with it. It draws so much smoother than my old bow and is dead in hand at the shot. I could go on and on about how much better it is, but I'll spare you the details by just saying I'm happy!

Well done! what broadheads do you plan on using?

I'm going to shoot 2.3" two blade Rages for turkeys and I have a couple packs of Shuttle T's that I'm going to tune for the fall.

Lukem

WKR
Looks good. I didn't realize how much the Charger resembled the AlphaMax of a few years ago. If it's anything like it, you won't be disappointed.