90/10 Rejected

JFK

WKR
Thank you to the good people of Wyoming that spoke out against this. I’m fairy sure it was their voices that got this voted down. Beyond the entitled loud mouths are an aweful lot of guys who just like visiting there to hunt, and create memories that last a lifetime. Game management in all states is bound to change over time, but I’m glad that the task force decided that this was not the right path for Wyoming to take.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Another sore subject for many, such as the ranchers in the eastern half of the country who have to own or lease land for their cattle. They don’t have the advantage to pay a token fee to let their cattle roam on our taxpayer land and compete with elk and big game for grazing. Some get away with overgrazing, and we see less elk numbers.
There's absolutely zero comparison between the amount of feed per acre back east compared to out west. You can run a lot more cattle per acre back east. Out west it's acres per head. Would be interesting to see grazing fees increase then listen to people complain when beef prices shoot up.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's absolutely zero comparison between the amount of feed per acre back east compared to out west. You can run a lot more cattle per acre back east. Out west it's acres per head. Would be interesting to see grazing fees increase then listen to people complain when beef prices shoot up.
Interesting ... so in your mind there's a collation between lease prices and the price of beef?
Post up that data

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Interesting ... so in your mind there's a collation between lease prices and the price of beef?
Post up that data

Since when has any price increase on any producer not resulted in an increase on the consumer's end? Post up your data to quantify your assertion.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since when has any price increase on any producer not resulted in an increase on the consumer's end? Post up your data to quantify your assertion.
Maybe if it affected the entire market as is, your privileged public lands lease holder is small percentage of all beef sold.

wytx

WKR
Are you referring to the 2nd draw here , or the actual Leftover list?
The leftover draw, but my comment is towards NR getting the under allocated resident licenses rolled into their first draw.
Yep we're greedy as residents mallards but the NRs wanting our quota are not? We do not have general pronghorn licenses by the way , can't just go buy a pronghorn license OTC.
Folks keep saying they are license residents didn't want but that is not the case. We get 3 choices, and by far some apply for hard to draw areas, not all do though. It is possible to apply for 3 so so areas and not draw any of them, We used to be able to go buy a license OTC or apply in the leftover draw for areas that maybe have limited access but we had access to hunt, no more. NRs get that quota rolled into their first draw .
Sorry but I will always believe residents of a state should get preference over NR for hunting licenses, that goes for any state.

Thank you to the good people of Wyoming that spoke out against this. I’m fairy sure it was their voices that got this voted down. Beyond the entitled loud mouths are an aweful lot of guys who just like visiting there to hunt, and create memories that last a lifetime. Game management in all states is bound to change over time, but I’m glad that the task force decided that this was not the right path for Wyoming to take.
Task force? They didn’t decide anything. They lost the battle they started. I’m sure they’re not happy and I bet we haven’t heard the last from them.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting residents may get first shot at leftovers. Most leftovers i have looked at, it was the residents that didnt buy them to begin with.
Fair enough, but, they should be sold to the residents at NON resident prices like Idaho does/did.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Appreciate the resident efforts to knock down the ludicrous outfitter welfare plan on the deer, elk, and antelope. My points are still worth something. Remember always, after they get all our NR tags, you all won’t be worthy of your resident tags in their eyes and they will come after yours. Suddenly you as a resident won’t be capable of hunting that dangerous Wyoming landscape on you own…

Sure wish my 23 sheep points weren’t worthless though ☹️

Archer86

WKR
Fair enough, but, they should be sold to the residents at NON resident prices like Idaho does/did.
Those are two different situations. The idaho tags that used to be sold to residents where nr general tags that didn't get sold to nr

Wyoming is resident license that didn't get allocated in the resident draw. So why would they be offered to residents at nr resident prices? Should wyoming residents get the 80 percent they are suppose to? And there really has not been Alot of clarity to this if that's how it will actually work or will it just be the very few tags that are on the leftover list now every year will get a 24 hour head start to buy which isn't much.

Fatcamp

WKR
Those are two different situations. The idaho tags that used to be sold to residents where nr general tags that didn't get sold to nr

Wyoming is resident license that didn't get allocated in the resident draw. So why would they be offered to residents at nr resident prices? Should wyoming residents get the 80 percent they are suppose to? And there really has not been Alot of clarity to this if that's how it will actually work or will it just be the very few tags that are on the leftover list now every year will get a 24 hour head start to buy which isn't much.

I don't understand that last sentence.

Archer86

WKR
I don't understand that last sentence.
From what I understood the leftover list was just a resident headstart of 24hr so residents get access to buy tags 24hr before nr for leftover tags

I guess the question is are the leftovers going to be treated as they have been and the resident leftovers go into the nr draw before making the leftover list or will both draws happen then what's leftover will go into a leftover list for purchase and resident get a day headstart to purchase before nr?

Fatcamp

WKR
From what I understood the leftover list was just a resident headstart of 24hr so residents get access to buy tags 24hr before nr for leftover tags

I guess the question is are the leftovers going to be treated as they have been and the resident leftovers go into the nr draw before making the leftover list or will both draws happen then what's leftover will go into a leftover list for purchase and resident get a day headstart to purchase before nr?

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

24 hours is an eternity to people who pay attention to draws, certainly not everyone.

wapitibob

WKR

I saw no final discussion to stop the migration of undersubscribed D/A licenses to the nr side; it should remain as is. Residents will get 24 hr head start for the leftover draw, which should effectively eliminate nr from those licenses.
Elimination of the 7250 cap and regions for gen Elk will shake things up for the nr for sure.

Commodities is your answer. Commodities are bought and sold with price being based on supply and demand. Brokers don't give a shit what it costs to produce it. There are too many producers to force price increases.

The coming reduction in herd size of cattle will cause upward price pressure on beef. But increasing all BLM and NF grazing fees by double would have no impact on retail beef prices. Commodity produces are price takers not price makers. Just like a gold mine paying more for a lease doesn't impact the price of gold, it just impacts the profitability of the mining operation.

The leftover draw, but my comment is towards NR getting the under allocated resident licenses rolled into their first draw.
Yep we're greedy as residents mallards but the NRs wanting our quota are not? We do not have general pronghorn licenses by the way , can't just go buy a pronghorn license OTC.
Folks keep saying they are license residents didn't want but that is not the case. We get 3 choices, and by far some apply for hard to draw areas, not all do though. It is possible to apply for 3 so so areas and not draw any of them, We used to be able to go buy a license OTC or apply in the leftover draw for areas that maybe have limited access but we had access to hunt, no more. NRs get that quota rolled into their first draw .
Sorry but I will always believe residents of a state should get preference over NR for hunting licenses, that goes for any state.
I am happy for how things have worked out and think there can be some real good for residents and NR alike.

I think if everyone puts the shoe on the other foot they would agree with Wyoming residents. Having tags fall into the NR draw does disproportionately affect residents and hurt their chances in the second draw and left overs and More of us NR need to realize that. Also look at it if you are a WY resident and looking to your kids future. It's not all selfishness on either side, it's wanting a fair shake. I personally like the approach of amount a few tweaks and seeing how it shakes out, then reassessing down the road if more needs done.

I just hope fee increases are kept reasonable, but that's not just in regards to Wyoming it's all western states.