9mm ammo near Des Moines?

Hey guys. I'm going to be passing through the des Moines, IA area this weekend. Anyone know of any 9mm ammo available in that area? Seems to be tough to get everywhere but just wanted to ask. As most people know, the places that do have it are charging quite a bit for a box ($35-$40). I'm down to one box and would like to pick some up...

Wvroach

WKR
Can't speak to that area, but 30 a box is the new norm around me for the places that have it in stock all the time. If I hit it on the right day when they got a shipment I can get it for 15$.

Good luck

gabenzeke

WKR
Hey guys. I'm going to be passing through the des Moines, IA area this weekend. Anyone know of any 9mm ammo available in that area? Seems to be tough to get everywhere but just wanted to ask. As most people know, the places that do have it are charging quite a bit for a box ($35-$40). I'm down to one box and would like to pick some up...
Sportsman's in ankeny had some last time I was in there. They had 223 also

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gabenzeke

WKR
Did you try scheels in west des moines? Or as a last resort you could try fleet farm in ankeny or waukee

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here in PA “practice grade” 9mm is $0.60-$0.85 a round. That is still more than double the pre pandemic price. Some independent makers are stepping in but no one can get primers so it isn’t an issue of manufacturing capacity, it’s a component shortage. Best info I am hearing is it will be more than a year before things get caught up.

OP
180splitg3
Here in PA “practice grade” 9mm is $0.60-$0.85 a round. That is still more than double the pre pandemic price. Some independent makers are stepping in but no one can get primers so it isn’t an issue of manufacturing capacity, it’s a component shortage. Best info I am hearing is it will be more than a year before things get caught up.
It will be fantastic when/if things go back to "normal" regarding ammo availability and prices. I'm not super desperate - it would just be nice to find some for a decent price. I have tried every place mentioned in the des Moines area and they are all out. Oh well - I'll keep looking...

OP
180splitg3
Never mind - I see it's 15-20 days for shipping. I also thought that price was for 50 rounds...

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Brownells is outside Des Moines (Grinnell) but not terribly far, and they have an awesome retail store. If anyone would have some 9mm they would.