9mm suggestions please

lubbockdave

Lil-Rokslider
OK, I have way to much free time on my hands right now and i have been thinking I "need" a semi auto 9mm that is not plastic-got some glocks in the safe, but want to try something else. Been considering the CZ 75 or some variation of the CZ or a beretta 92 of some flavor. Really like the idea of the beretta M9 22lr to start then move up to a nicer model beretta. Glocks are fine, just bulky in my hands and again...plastic.

Anyway...I know the "get to the store and handle it before you buy it, shoot if you can before spending the cash" deal-

I am just wondering what YOUR favorite 9mm is for the spending the day at the gun range

lets say $1500 or less is the budget, unless of course the wilson combat EDC or something else is worth the extra $$...buy once cry once
wink

yall have some fun with this please!!

Dave

541hunter

WKR
Just watched a few videos on the new Sig P365X Macro. It has me pretty intrigued.

Had a beretta 92…..ehhhhhhh. Honestly I have a bunch of polymer 9’s and I would have to say the funnest 9 I like to shoot is in the 1911/2011 platform. I have a STI. My brother has a high end staccato in 9. They’re all fun just depends on how much you want to spend and use I guess.

Rob5589

WKR
3rd gen S&W. All steel and or aluminum, dead nuts reliable, heavy enough to crown someone if you run out if ammo. Only problem is finding one for sale.

Had a beretta 92…..ehhhhhhh. Honestly I have a bunch of polymer 9’s and I would have to say the funnest 9 I like to shoot is in the 1911/2011 platform. I have a STI. My brother has a high end staccato in 9. They’re all fun just depends on how much you want to spend and use I guess.
I also have to say I shot the 365x and that thing is pretty sweet to.

Spindrift

FNG
H&K VP9 or VP9L. H&K quality, shoots very well and lasts forever. I won four different Sigs and the VP9 is definitely higher quality. Want to get fancy? Thrown an RMR and a Lone Wolf trigger in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

long time glock guy here, but I have become impressed with sigs pistols. Those p365s are plastic but great carry guns. I swapped to a p320 legion this year for USPSA and it is a dream to shoot compared to a glock 17.

i wouldn’t say I have ever shot a beretta 92 that impressed me, including some slicked up versions.

CZ shadows are top of the heap in USPSA carry optics and production these days. The blue version can be had in your budget.

if I really wanted something with style and that was a joy to shoot, a nice 1911 based pistol or step up your budget a bit and go staccato. Over 2k but just a joy to use.

Drenalin

WKR
I have a Beretta 92FS that I guess I bought mostly for nostalgia; it's not an impressive weapon.

The CZ 75 omega is pretty sweet for a $650 gun, I have always wanted a p01 since the full size is quite large.

gelton

WKR
Don't rule out the Walther PDP. With $1500 you can throw an RMR on there, get a holster and a couple extra mags. Shoots amazing with arguably the best factory trigger available in a striker fire pistol. The only complaint is the checkering on the handle is a bit abrasive for IWB carry without an undershirt.

Another vote for Sig P226 or P229 depending on size preference. Both are enjoyable to shoot.

h2so4

WKR
Glock 43 if you have not tried a single stack glock yet. If you want metal frame- check these out:
Colt Combat Commander 9mm
Sig 229 / 229 Legion
Stacatto
Browning Hi-Power
Most Any 1911 in 9mm is going to be great to shoot.