A $60 and 60 Minute Target Stand.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Too hot and windy to shoot this afternoon…

Decided I needed a new target stand after destroying a couple old wooden tripods over the last few months of shooting.

I’ve gone super fancy in the past with some of these, but decided to make a cheap simple one-piece stand that I can throw in the back of the Jeep and go.

.Two 72” angle stocks cut in half.
.One 36” flat stock.
.One can of yellow spray paint I had in the shop.

60 bucks and 60 minutes later I made a thing. I can drill for chains and hang gongs, or stand up my plywood piece with paper targets. Wanted the overhangs on each side for small gongs as well.

I’ll call it the desert doohickey. Name your color and if you’re local I’ll make you one. I’ll even try a little bit to make the welds nice on the next ones haha.

IMG_5009.jpeg

Does the flat stock just rest on the angle so you can pull it down to 3 pieces and throw in the truck?

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Does the flat stock just rest on the angle so you can pull it down to 3 pieces and throw in the truck?
You can do it that way. I’ve made some in the past where the cross piece can bolt up to the v legs. This one is super simple and welded up as once piece. Fits in my Jeep both backseat and back area no issues.