A Beast The Color Of Winter

Darin

FNG
I drew my Co goat tag last year so I bought this book to learn more about goats and behavior over the summer. It really added to the enjoyment of having the tag. It kind of extended the hunt for me. They come and are gone so fast. I’d be happy to send this book to anyone who has a hunt booked or has drawn a tag. If you’re interested in the book let me know. I’m new to posting and I’m not sure how the PM’s work. I guess I’ll get it figured out.

Attachments

• 51D79482-552B-4FE6-A6EB-0A885EDD32AB.jpeg
    51D79482-552B-4FE6-A6EB-0A885EDD32AB.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 54

Ndw06

FNG
I drew in Idaho unit 50! I would love to buy this from you how much are you asking?

OP
D

Darin

FNG
I drew in Idaho unit 50! I would love to buy this from you how much are you asking?
I’m not selling it. I’d just like to pass it on. I’d be glad to mail it to you.

slatty

WKR
Nice of you to do that. That's great. I really enjoyed the book. He goes on quite an anti-hunting rant but to be fair it's based on forestry roads reaching the alpine where people have historically driven up and blasted away at goats. I think we have long ago understood access into the alpine = dead goats. The author really is passionate about goats and I enjoyed the book. Lots of great insight into their life and behaviour. Goat culture seems pretty tough.

JohnB

WKR
I bought this before I got to participate in the Olympic National Park goat removal and had the exact same sentiments. Another good read from the author about another badass critter is The Wolverine Way.

OP
D

Darin

FNG
I agree with your guys assessment of the book totally. That’s a great idea about a few quick notes in the book. I’ll have to check out the wolverine book. Sounds good.

OP
D

Darin

FNG
Ndw06. I was reading the forum rulers. We’re both new users and can’t PM yet. If you’d like to text me your address I’ll get the book coming your direction.
530-751-6936

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
That is a great book. I bought a copy several years ago and gave it to a friend last month who has a goat booked in BC for 2023. Thought it would help kindle his fire.

hikenhunt

WKR
This book is a great read, but as mentioned previously, not from a hunter. Very detailed information about how goats live!

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I read it when I drew in Idaho many years ago. A veteran goat hunter loaned it to me, and I passed on the suggestion to read it to a lot of new goat hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk