A bet….

Ucsdryder

WKR
Someone walks up to you in Cabelas on the way to elk camp…

“I bet you $5,000 you don’t kill a bull elk this year(spikes don’t count).” If you kill a bull you walk away with 10k, but tag soup costs you 5k!

Who’s confident that they’ll kill a bull this year? Of course this is for fun, so I don’t want to hear about how you wouldn’t want the pressure, etc. I’m curious who is REALLY confident and who plans on taking their bow for a walk in the woods!

I’ll be in a new unit rifle hunting, but I like my chances. I’m taking the bet. A bull is coming home with me this year.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was a time when I had no limits and it was not whether I would shoot a bull, but more… how big and how many with 3 tags a year for 15 years…now being old and broken down I sadly can’t take the bet….good luck….👍

I have a good run going, time off, wedding messing things up, but I’m still betting with house money.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
During archery I've had opportunities every year out so I'd be pretty confident for "any bull 4-point and better". Rifle season, I'd never take that bet.

Gerbdog

WKR
nah... cant say i'd take the bet. I think ill have opportunities at ELK but... whether they will have antlers or not? cant say. Cant say what ill do if a cow presents at 20 yrds either. I say i wont now but.... in that moment..... Elk tastes awful good

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
I'd take the bet that my party (me and 1 buddy) would kill an elk this year. We have archery tags, but if we didn't kill I'd go back on OTC rifle to get it done. (y)

Edit: I should say the statistics are against me. I have had 2 CO elk tags so far and have killed 2 elk (1 rifle, 1 archery).

Someone walks up to you in Cabelas on the way to elk camp…

“I bet you $5,000 you don’t kill a bull elk this year(spikes don’t count).” If you kill a bull you walk away with 10k, but tag soup costs you 5k!

Who’s confident that they’ll kill a bull this year? Of course this is for fun, so I don’t want to hear about how you wouldn’t want the pressure, etc. I’m curious who is REALLY confident and who plans on taking their bow for a walk in the woods!

I’ll be in a new unit rifle hunting, but I like my chances. I’m taking the bet. A bull is coming home with me this year.
i will take that bet.... i might ditch the recurve on that bet and grab the mach 1, but i would be stoked with that opportunity

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I'd take the bet. Would just hunt everyday of the season till I dropped one. Not to hard if you have the time.