A Big Thanks to Rod Jenkins

I just had the privilege to attend a 2 day clinic from the great Rod Jenkins, and have to say that anyone who has this opportunity near them should take it!

I learned a grip of new things and am currently revamping everything I know, and it’s already for the better after only several days.

Many, many thanks to a great coach and just a great man.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I shot with Rod at his place in Alabama when I still lived in TN. Money well spent. He still using those magnetic clip together glasses? I swear he looks like Tommy Lee Jones with those things sitting on the end of his nose lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just had the privilege to attend a 2 day clinic from the great Rod Jenkins, and have to say that anyone who has this opportunity near them should take it!

I learned a grip of new things and am currently revamping everything I know, and it’s already for the better after only several days.

Many, many thanks to a great coach and just a great man.
Can you describe what Rod means when he talks about proper alignment? I heard guys say they feel like the target is behind them when he puts them in proper position? Does that mean he is dramatically closing their stance, so that if you placed and arrow on the ground at the tips of your toes it would be pointed directly at the target?

OP
North Idaho Stickbow
Can you describe what Rod means when he talks about proper alignment? I heard guys say they feel like the target is behind them when he puts them in proper position? Does that mean he is dramatically closing their stance, so that if you placed and arrow on the ground at the tips of your toes it would be pointed directly at the target?

It does feel a lot like the target is behind you, until you draw at least, then things look and feel in line. In reality from a third person perspective; everything is lined up sideways at the target: shoulders, feet, head…

During the basic drills we were doing, you could certainly put an arrow over your toes and it would be facing the target. Rod will tell you though that the feet point like that during drills and practice, but in the field you won’t have that luxury sometimes. What happens at alignment from the waist up is the most important, but feet position will make that easier.

So in general if you drew a line through your shoulders at full draw they should be pointed at the target or to the left of the target?

sneaky

"DADDY"
When I was shooting with him he would have you draw then he would lay a shaft across your shoulder blades and show you how far your alignment was off. It's extremely telling. I shoot with an open stance and rotate my upper body to get alignment and that creates automatic string clearance across my chest. Once you get used to making that part of your pre shot routine it becomes automatic.

When I was shooting with him he would have you draw then he would lay a shaft across your shoulder blades and show you how far your alignment was off. It's extremely telling. I shoot with an open stance and rotate my upper body to get alignment and that creates automatic string clearance across my chest. Once you get used to making that part of your pre shot routine it becomes automatic.

So kinda the opposite of a rotational draw?