A bit early but 2021 Archery Unit 43 Co

snvts82

FNG
As stated I know this is still really early but I’m still riding my high from my first archery kill in 161. I’ve still got a cow tag for 2nd rifle but doing some early e-scouting for next year. My hunting buddy and I try to do a backcountry trip every other year Looking at 43 for otc. I’ve read a TON of the threads on the area. Has anyone hunted near the Capital Peak/ Roaring Hell trail head? Pretty much on the eastern edge of USFS straight south of Basalt. No, I’m not wanting to know where the elk are but more about how heavily that area is hunted? I know 43 gets a ton of hunters and recreational hikers. I just don’t want to be on top of other guys or outfitters. We use 4 packs goats and have been in as far as 14 miles with them in the Wimenuche chasing muleys. We’re from Co, Stay in good hiking shape and don’t mind get back in far. Thanks for any help and hope everyone is having a good season.

You’re really asking unit specific advice for next year when you killed an elk in a unit you know and have hunted at least one other? 😂. Are you sure this isn’t a clever way to ask about unit 43 for 2nd/3rd rifle this year? 🤣

OP
snvts82

snvts82

FNG
You’re really asking unit specific advice for next year when you killed an elk in a unit you know and have hunted at least one other? 😂. Are you sure this isn’t a clever way to ask about unit 43 for 2nd/3rd rifle this year? 🤣
Ha. Fair enough. I’ll repost in December. My apologies but not everyone is out for your honey hole. Just asking about number of hunters. That’s all

Lots of pressure in 43, especially in the exact drainage you are asking about. A few outfitters get people in and around there pretty far back. Also, early rifle deer hunters, rifle bear hunters and all the OTC folk can make it crowded real fast once the outfitters start packing people in.

OP
snvts82

snvts82

FNG
Thank you for the reply. That’s what I kind of figured with the topo and accessibility. I’ll keep looking. Thanks