A Christmas Miracle! (Bobcat)

TheGDog

WKR
Wow... It's been greater than a Year... and FINALLY got a call back from the Taxidermist on the Bobcat mount! When we had spoken earlier some time ago during this past year, the gentleman stated that due to CoVID a lot of the companies he gets Taxidermy supplies from had become very backed up in terms of the supply chain.

Anyhoo... now I just gotta cough up the remainder of the cash... (Ouch!).
BobcatFullBodyMount - CROPD.jpg

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Last day of deer season 2019... he comes strolling right past my sit. And this year, an even bigger badder one did too. But its banned at the moment beginning this year.

Congrats on your cat! I thought about trying to get one before they closed it...just didn’t make the effort. Such a shame because they are absolutely thick where I’m at and nobody hunts them.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
I was a little dismayed initially at seeing the pic. This will be my first taxidermy'd mount. But I guess there's only soo much you can expect in terms of life-like resemblance.

TxxAgg

WKR
Cats are hard. Only a few people that can do them justice. I bet it was a fun hunt!

Yeah bobcats are difficult to get, I’ve only called in one bobcat and wasn’t able to shoot it as I was out of state on an archery elk hunt and didn’t have the proper license. Cool mount!

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 245848
Here’s my first two PA cats. 25# male and 18# female. I love calling cats. My taxi is just a dude that does stuff in his barn. Think I pd 500 each and I’ve seen mounts that go for 10 times that that are worse. Congratulations on your kitty!
Getting cats just right are tough. Your taxidermist nailed it. Great mounts.

OP, great job, great cat, congrats on getting one!

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Looks good. What'd you shoot it with?
On purpose that trip... because I'd had a Coyote come past two other times and I just didn't quite get a shot opportunity, (once during bow season, one during rifle) I elected to bring .223 Rem, loaded with Remington HTP's which are 62gr Barnes TSX's.

On that location, the distances are very close, so figured I'd try out using a .223 Rem for a deer, since such close quarters. Makes it a lighter rifle to carry and much less louder to deal with. Also figured that way if that yote passed by again, wouldn't be tearing him up so bad with a .30 cal.

Was a good thought. But that 62gr hit the scapula on way in, made a gnarly hole! But looks like he was able to sew it up no problem, thankfully.
20191110_144000.jpg