A classified etiquette question

Phaseolus

WKR
I’ve got a question about etiquette in the classified section. If you are the first to reply but do not send a pm immediately should you lose the right to purchase an item? Not a huge deal for me in this case but I was the first to respond.

If you say in your reply, "I'll take it or I'll buy it" then you should have that right. If you just say you are interested, then an "I'll buy it" could trump you. Just my thoughts, has nothing to do with any rules.

OP
Phaseolus

Phaseolus

WKR
How do you know someone didn't send a pm before you?

It's difficult. Best to pm then post on thread.
Yes, I didn’t send a pm immediately but should have. I will in the future, like I said not a big deal I just want to learn for the future.

There is no etiquette. I have had multiple offers accepted and 10 minutes later get a message that they got a higher offer and they refunded my money. I was taught if you make a verbal deal you should stick to it, many on here do not. Integrity is a little more important to me than money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
There is no etiquette. I have had multiple offers accepted and 10 minutes later get a message that they got a higher offer and they refunded my money. I was taught if you make a verbal deal you should stick to it, many on here do not. Integrity is a little more important to me than money.

That is some BS. Once a deal is agreed upon, the sale is final.

ohoopee

WKR
I have noticed that Rokslide does not have an "etiquette" generally. Seller usually
accepts first PM. Each forum seems to have its own rules.

Rick M.

WKR
Also, don't forget you can review your experiences with people. Their is a feedback feature under their avatar in a classified thread.

Last edited:

Brooks

WKR
PM the seller once you decide to buy it.
Once I was selling something and saw I had a PM and sold the item to the guy who PMed me. Then later in the day saw that someone else had replied to the ad in the classifieds about an hour and a half before the guy I sold it to. I hadn’t seen his reply because I didn’t check the ad first but did see I had a message.

Also, don't forget you can review you experiences with people. Their is a feedback feature under their avatar in a classified thread.

Can you do this from a phone, if so i have not figured it out yet

313hunter

FNG

This!!!

Only my observations here...... This is the first forum I’ve been on (I’m on many) where people claim things by replying “PM sent”. Across the interwebs, it’s pretty common practice to reply “I’ll take it” in the thread. The first person that posts an “I’ll take it” openly is who has first claim to it. Many folks on here just say “PM sent”. Well that could mean anything really. He could just be asking a question. He could be trying to negotiate price or offer trades. I’ve just never understood why someone can’t post “I’ll take it” and lay claim to it without any doubt versus saying “PM sent”.
Ultimately, it’s up to the seller to sell to whoever he chooses. It’s his right. It’d sure be nice though if people would stop thinking “PM sent” was the same as “I’ll take it”........because anywhere else besides here, it’s not. It’s somewhat universal that an “I’ll take it” posted on the ad trumps all else. The buyer then needs to promptly follow up with a pm to the seller asking for payment info.

All that being said, the classifieds here are absolutely amazing. It gives many guys that have a limited budget the ability to obtain gear they otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford any other way.

Again.....only my observations and ramblings.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Depends on the website, I had an issue a year or so ago, I was selling a scope, a guy PMed me and we started working out the details of the sale, an hour or so later I got another message “where should I mail the funds???”, I went looking back and the guy asking me about the funds had replied “I’ll take it”. I tried to explain to him another guy messaged me and paid me, The other guy seemed to think I should back out of the deal since he’d typed “I’ll take it”. In the end the first guy I interacted with got the scope, The other guy threatened me and said he’d do all sorts of crap that he never did (or st least nobody cared).

I say the first person to pay you gets it. You’re trying to sel for $$$, well, $$$ talks.