A Costco Pant

While in Costco I came across the Weatherproof Felxtech Pant. I think they were $15. I have not had much time in them but these maybe a good option for the budget guys. The material is soft with lots of stretch. I would say it quieter than First Light pants but not as good as my Kuiu Alpine. In fairness, the Costco pants are new and haven’t been washed yet. The material is light but does well in some wind. I think these are worth a look and sorry if you all already knew about these.50D87EBC-BF2F-484B-A8F3-0BEF43F8843A.jpeg

I found some $25 Eddie Bauer fleece lined pants at Costco a couple weeks ago that have been killer for late season and just day to day surviving Midwestern winter.

OP
C
These will be a good early season pant. They are light but I do like the fit better than the wrangler pant.

I own about 6 or 10 different pair of pants from Costco that I use for backpacking and hunting. All of them are comfortable, reasonably well built and inexpensive.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Love me some costco pants! I laugh at guys spending 150-200 dollars for a pair of early season pants. I guess if you hate money then keep buying those 15 dollar pants made in Bangladesh for 150 dollars because they say “Sitka”.

Past two years I have been wearing the chit out of Costco pants. A few have some threads pulling on the pockets, that hemmed edge. I have carhart pants that it took about 10 years for that to happen, but the cost with the comfort I'm OK with sacrificing some durability.

The non stretch lined weatherproof pants, kinda more of a cross between jeans and khaki, I have been using a lot for winter work pants, other than how easy they stain I got no complaints.

Love me some costco pants! I laugh at guys spending 150-200 dollars for a pair of early season pants. I guess if you hate money then keep buying those 15 dollar pants made in Bangladesh for 150 dollars because they say “Sitka”.
The pockets are usually the deal breaker for me.
The Eddie's are the only ones I found acceptable.

I could of delt with only one pocket on the pranas but its on the wrong side.

Ordered some mountain khakis but the sizing was terrible. Need to revisit those.

BDRam16

WKR
I like all the Costco poly stretch pants for around home, but most of them don’t have cargo pockets or just one small one. I still like the Wrangler ATG ones for $20. Have them in every color and a fleece lined one.

Super tag

WKR
Actually, the higher end clothing brands do offer more, saying that the name is all your paying is silly. Sure that’s part of it just like anything you purchase.
Maybe you haven’t experienced extreme harsh weather, low temperatures, wind, rain and snow for days on end.
The more expensive gear is easily worth the money, it can make the difference in how long you stay out, comfort, mobility, dryness etc.

Of course there IS a very distinguishable difference associated with cost in hunting clothing. To say that there isn’t is simply inaccurate and misleading.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Actually, the higher end clothing brands do offer more, saying that the name is all your paying is silly. Sure that’s part of it just like anything you purchase.
Maybe you haven’t experienced extreme harsh weather, low temperatures, wind, rain and snow for days on end.
The more expensive gear is easily worth the money, it can make the difference in how long you stay out, comfort, mobility, dryness etc.

Of course there IS a very distinguishable difference associated with cost in hunting clothing. To say that there isn’t is simply inaccurate and misleading.
I’d probably feel the same way if I had a few thousand dollars worth of 200 dollar gear!

Btw, I had it all prior too, head to toe. I sold it all on here. Maybe the specialized stuff, rain gear for example. A pair of early season pants? You’re wrong, sorry.

How long have Sitka and kuiu been around. Guys have been getting it done a loooooong time before that.

Last edited:

Super tag

WKR
People used to drive model a Fords, use push lawn mowers too- lol

The name brand hunting gear is better, and it is worth the money if that’s your thing, I’ve never judged anyone by what they wear, I’m simply stating the facts, there’s no debate here. Todays technology has also improved clothing, and there is a cost associated. Wear what you want, but to pretend that 200$ of hunting clothing is sufficient for a high country late season hunt is simply not true.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I found some $25 Eddie Bauer fleece lined pants at Costco a couple weeks ago that have been killer for late season and just day to day surviving Midwestern winter.
They just never have the colors I want in my size. Heck, I hardly ever see my size in any of the colors. Plenty of short inseam stuff though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I love Coscto pants, however you have a way better chance of scoring a date at Pint Night if your wearing Sitka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a far better chance of scoring a date by going to another bar on pint night, one that isn't a 99% sausage fest bromance party lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’d probably feel the same way if I had a few thousand dollars worth of 200 dollar gear!

Btw, I had it all prior too, head to toe. I sold it all on here. Maybe the specialized stuff, rain gear for example. A pair of early season pants? You’re wrong, sorry.

How long have Sitka and kuiu been around. Guys have been getting it done a loooooong time before that.
Why do you care what someone else pays for gear? Your opinion is cheaper than those sweat shop wranglers and Costco pants. I think people should spend whatever they want on their hobbies. You are on a crusade to tell everyone they're stupid for buying what they want.