A couple cheap, lightweight items!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Organizing food and gear for another couple weeks worth of backpack trips when Luke gets back from work. Hit Walmart yesterday and wandered thru their camping section to pick up a few things, and was reminded of a couple good finds I made there previously. These are staples for us, inexpensive and lightweight...thought other people might find them useful if you didn't know about them already.

First is campers toilet paper. No paper tubes to contend with, and three rolls come with their own reuseable plastic dispenser. *Keep them in a ziploc as the dispenser isn't waterproof. Also be forewarned, the last 1/4 of the roll goes quick!

b4724421.jpg

4f8ab604.jpg

Second is Coleman soap sheets. About the size of a container of dental floss, this thing holds 50 sheets that dissolve to multipurpose soap (it says handsoap, but the old packaging said multipurpose and its the same stuff!) The soap lathers well in both cold or warm water and works great for dishes, clothes and bodies. Also not waterproof packaging, so the ziploc is mandatory...

a4d251b4.jpg

8427b2c2.jpg

BuckSnort

WKR
Cool, I'm digging the hand soap sheets, I'd just hate to get them mixed up with my Listerine fresh breath strips...lol

ken

FNG
Hit up the local Wally World this weekend. After a 2 year hiatus, my beloved Wally World closed cell foam pads re-appeared...$15...I bought 2...lol...might grab a couple more if they hang around. 24" x 72" x 1/2", made by Ozarktrail IIRC. Smooth on one side, egg crate shaped on the other. Way cheaper that Z-rest or Ridgerest, and only a tick heavier acc'ding to MFG specs.

Also picked up a few Coleman freeze dried meals to sample. I'll report back on those. According to the label, they were packaged for Coleman by Enertia? I had to pick around a bit as a few of the meals had upwards of 130% RDA of Sodium. I went with the ones that hung around 30%.

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member

7mag.

WKR
I recently bought some of those coleman soap sheets from Sportsman's Warehouse, and I think they were $3 or $4, for 50 sheets. They had the camp soap, which is what I got, and they had the hand soap. Probably the same stuff, like Becca mentioned. Very cool weight and space saver.

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member