A day and a half left to seal the deal

Michael54

WKR
Tomorrow is the last day of archery season here in pa until late season after christmas. Woke up from my 3 hr nap after working all night and heading into the woods to continue this cat and mouse game ive been playing with my hit list buck. Everytime I shift he comes out where i was. Everytime I sit tight it seems like he knows im in a tree. I may have hollered "your lucky its not rifle season" in complete frustration last saturday lol.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
For the evenings episode of prey eludes, frustrates, and laughs at the hunter i chose to sit in my rifle stand. I read on the elk forum there's a guy that has killed i think 5 elk from under the same tree....thats my beech tree for me. Im centered in between 2 main bedding areas. Hemlock patch 40 yards to my right. A dense thicket 65 yards at my 11 o'clock. Im right in the middle of a bunch of beech and oak trees. Now's the part where I hope he comes into my 30 yard bubble, and hope i dont shoot a tree branch lol

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Roughly an hour and a half left of legal shooting light. Now the question is "is my dinner date gonna show?" Or am I gonna get stood up because he was checking me out from across the room at the bar and didn't like what he saw? My guess is option 2. I knew i should have wore my skinny pants so he could see what i was working with on my walk in.....

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Im 80% sure hes in those hemlocks approximately 95 yards away. I zoomed in on the picture

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
So archery season is over. And my buck tag is still intact. This morning he was within 80 yards of me.
Things ive learned..

The rut is way late in my area this year they are just starting to chase.
My rattle skills suck.
Deer are smarter than i am.
I need to buy a ravin crossbow.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I hate that PA closes the season but at least we got an extra few days this year. The seek/chasing was hot and heavy in my area (2D) last week and I connected with my best PA buck yet. I went in aggressive and got tight into a bedding area and killed him when he chased a doe out of there.
Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope you have a chance to kill your target buck.
ca32a205831e59dc1c177ce6404007ad.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
Man, I hate that PA closes the season but at least we got an extra few days this year. The seek/chasing was hot and heavy in my area (2D) last week and I connected with my best PA buck yet. I went in aggressive and got tight into a bedding area and killed him when he chased a doe out of there.
Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope you have a chance to kill your target buck.
ca32a205831e59dc1c177ce6404007ad.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
He came within 70 yards six seperate times this year including yesterday morning. The first few days of rifle this year ill have my wifes 15 yr old cousin from california with me. Hopefully he can make it happen

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
It's completely absurd that we can't deer hunt most of November in PA. We need to mimic something like NY where rifle starts the day after archery ends.

But here in the Keystone state, if we didn't do it that way in 1675, we ain't doin it.

OP
Michael54

Michael54

WKR
It's completely absurd that we can't deer hunt most of November in PA. We need to mimic something like NY where rifle starts the day after archery ends.

But here in the Keystone state, if we didn't do it that way in 1675, we ain't doin it.
It is irritating for sure. We interrupt seasons for 2 weeks of small game just to go back to it lol