A deal on Kuiu?

seww

WKR
So I see an ad locally on FB for a Kuiu pack system and I cannot find that much information about it online.

It's a frame with a large belt/suspension. What waist size would large with Kuiu be? It's a couple of years old.
Incl the Icon 3200 bag and the Ultra 5500 bag.
All this for $350.

Now, does the Kuiu system use a meatshelf?
I'm a 34" waist, is the belt too big?
It'd be nice with two different sized bags, then I can sell my daypack and only use this.

LaHunter

WKR
With a 34" waist, you will be close to being 'in between' belt sizes. The large belt will probably work, but you may run our of adjustment. If it is local to you, go try it on and see how if fits.
The Kuiu web site has sizing charts and if you look, you can probably find the sizing chart for their pack waist belts.

OP
S

seww

WKR
With a 34" waist, you will be close to being 'in between' belt sizes. The large belt will probably work, but you may run our of adjustment. If it is local to you, go try it on and see how if fits.
The Kuiu web site has sizing charts and if you look, you can probably find the sizing chart for their pack waist belts.
Yeah I tried and it's borderline too big.

But how does Kuiu's pack system work, when it comes to carrying heavy loads?

For that price I would try and find one of the newer models(pro series)... the old models work but alot of people complain that it didn't carry weight very well after 60+ lbs. I have both models (icon pro and pro series)and like them both but the new Pro series is a much better system.

OP
S

seww

WKR
For that price I would try and find one of the newer models(pro series)... the old models work but alot of people complain that it didn't carry weight very well after 60+ lbs. I have both models (icon pro and pro series)and like them both but the new Pro series is a much better system.
Thanks!!
I'm gonna keep lookin I think.

kuiu does use a meat shelf type system. My 5200 had one. It was quite complex to deploy! I had to watch a video a couple times to figure it out. The 5200 carried weight decently well. I moved to an exo pack that is certainly a notch above in comfort.

OP
S

seww

WKR
kuiu does use a meat shelf type system. My 5200 had one. It was quite complex to deploy! I had to watch a video a couple times to figure it out. The 5200 carried weight decently well. I moved to an exo pack that is certainly a notch above in comfort.
I figured they did but hard to find information on it..

I figured they did but hard to find information on it..
If you watch the videos on you tube. It's pretty easy to separate the bag from frame which then turned into your meat shelf.. or they have a separate piece that you can remove your bag and strap on a "meat hauler". Their system is extremely versatile with how you can buy different size bags for one frame. It looks a little complex at first but it's really just all buckles.

OP
S

seww

WKR
If you watch the videos on you tube. It's pretty easy to separate the bag from frame which then turned into your meat shelf.. or they have a separate piece that you can remove your bag and strap on a "meat hauler". Their system is extremely versatile with how you can buy different size bags for one frame. It looks a little complex at first but it's really just all buckles.
Hmm cool, I might need to take a look through youtube

OP
S

seww

WKR
They guy texted he would let it go for $300 now. But I also got offered to buy a MR Beartooth 80 for $400, almost new.

Sounds like a better deal to me...

BBob

WKR
For lighter loads up to 35ish or so lbs I actually prefer the older suspension. For heavy loads the new Pro is definitely a step up. If you only carry a heavy load now and then you'd likely get by fine on the old, it will do it but not as comfortably as the Pro.