A different kind of boot.

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
I am a still hunter from upstate New York. I own a pair of Mendls, Danners, and a pair of Limmers (check em out great boot). But as a still hunter I decided to try something minimalist. Without a good option besides 500 dollar custom Mocs I ended up purchasing a pair of Vivobarefoot Tracker IIs at nearly 50 percent off. These boots have been incredible. They are only about 2/3 height and I pair them with First Lite's lightweight gaiter. The thin sole actually has a super effective tread pattern. I'm not suggesting anyone take these up into a scree field or use them as your only boot on a 5 day trip but I love them. besides the inability to side hill like rigid hikers I would not hesitate to bring these anywhere I have had more semi rigid hiking boots. The soles are super thin and sensitive but I have not had any problems with foot injuries. In fact I think hunting them has really improved the condition of the muscles and ligaments in my feet and ankles. With some Sno-Seal on them they have kept my feet dry in wet grass and stream crossings. I have two seasons in the boots and have started to notice a small amount of separation between the upper and the sole but no more than other glued boots. I feel really light on my feet and my gait has changed to something more natural. I am not saying these are the right boot for anyone. But if you are searching for a more minimalist experience check these out. I think they bridge the gap really well allowing you to free your toes and ankles while still maintaining the ability to go anywhere.