A Fat flatlander needs to help and guidance

Personally, I can't motivate myself well at home to actually push hard enough for real results. I have to have the ritual of going to a location for my workout, whether that is the gym or a local trail system.

My advice would be to focus on compound multi-joint movements. The squat in particular. When I squat less, my entire body gets weaker. My general mindset is to do things in such a way that they are actually metabolically taxing. It's real easy to fatigue and move on but you recover quickly. I want my recovery period to extend maybe all the way to my next workout and to do that, you have to push harder than you want to.

In my opinion, the best way to keep your metabolism rolling is to eat small portions frequently and keep moving. If you have a desk job, get up and go for a walk every hour. Walk the dog when you don't want to, etcetera.

My last point is that for me, once I am in my fitness routine, it becomes completely non-negotiable. I am going to workout whether it's convenient or not. I do not care if I am supposed to make dinner or whatever, it can wait. But when I am somewhat lax about fitness, it becomes really easy to just have a few beers and call it a day.

Good luck on your journey!

The other thing that definitely removes fat quickly, is multihour cardio workouts like running or rucking without food.

Get out first thing in the morning without eating anything or consuming anything with sugar or other calories. Black coffee has always been my exception. Go as long as your schedule allows, at a low intensity/low heart rate. Depending on heart rate and how much glycogen you had stored, at some point you'll be out of glycogen and you'll bonk hard. Just keep going and enjoy the suck. Dri no knwater and electrolytes as needed. No calories, except maybe a gel after 3-4 hrs. Don't stop for breaks unless you're about to pass out. 3-8 hrs of this once a week will thin a person up faster, and help your endurance.

You might want to get a decent cardio base established and work your way up, to make sure you don't die on the trail.

Claypa

FNG
People overestimate what they can do in a day and underestimate what they can do in a year. Next fall you can feel like an entirely new person if you take the incremental steps to get there. I need to remind myself of this constantly.

Also, I find it much easier to concentrate on adding good, healthy foods to my diet than to eliminate junk food, although the effect should be the same. You’ll just find you don’t really need that comfort food and the real stuff serves you better.

Walking and/or running will do wonders for you all the way around. The other stuff is good too, especially if you arent active, but I think there is so much value in cardio that would be my number one suggested focus.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Lot of good tips here. About 10 years ago I was sitting at a desk all day and weighed 270+. I started trying to lose weight with little success. Then about 3-4 years ago I got serious and started eating 1/2 servings for lunch and dinner and the weight started coming off. I’m at 2-4 now. Been going to the gym 6 days a week since April hoping I am in shape for Ak caribou in 2 weeks.

To the OP, set a goal of your hunt next fall and go for it!

BT_707

FNG
Intermittent fasting. I typically eat between 12pm and 8pm. Only coffee/water or electrolytes with no calories outside of feeding window. Make your insulin work for you.
200-230g of protein per day. This will help with cravings and build muscle. I eat about six eggs a day. Two protein shakes a day and meat at lunch and dinner. Greek yogurt is great with berries and honey for taste.
I stay away from bread and pasta. Rice and potato are my go to carbs, but only eat 3-4 nights a week.
I do eat a lot of fruit.
As stated before, stay away from processed food/ things in packages.
Try to workout 4-5 days a week. Everything you listed is great. Pick a few of them and do a nice circuit. Get out and walk/ruck.

Stick to it and be consistent. I don’t count calories and eat as much as I feel like. I just choose healthy options and it works well for me.

Good luck.