A few pictures of my work

OP
G

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
A couple bad apples always spoil the bunch, I get it.
I stretch everything to 450 lbs and serve close to that as well. All the info is on my website. I guarantee my strings for 6 months but honestly if installed properly and maintained they will last and perform longer than that.

Lawnboi

WKR
Do you work out of your house or a shop? I have to go to rei in the next couple months and I might have to stop by if your out of a shop

OP
G

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Athens Acc 34

Attachments

• DSCF0158.jpg
    DSCF0158.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0157.jpg
    DSCF0157.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0156.jpg
    DSCF0156.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 42
OP
G

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Athens Accomplice 32
Flo Yellow and Red 8190, yellow serving

Attachments

• DSCF0161.jpg
    DSCF0161.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 36

Whisky

WKR
Are you installing speed nocks on strings to match/exceed velocities of factory sets? Hoyt Spyder 34 for example...

Thanks
Whisky

OP
G

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Are you installing speed nocks on strings to match/exceed velocities of factory sets? Hoyt Spyder 34 for example...

Thanks
Whisky

I can put speed nocks at factory locations, but without having the bow in hand to experiment with locations I can't guarantee anything. There are a few different variables affecting speed gain/loss as far as speed nocks go.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the 8190 concerns.....at Redding early this month there were several guys having issues with 8190. Specifically going from cold to hot in a few hours ant the 8190 stretching. Plenty of these guys had custom, big name strings on their bows.

Many of the pro shooters and top level non pros had expressed issues with 8190 and had returned to Trophy or 452x for their strings and harnesses.

Just for info, I don't make or sell strings so I am just passing along the info.

I use custom made strings and shoot Trophy. Never had an issue with it and my string maker prefers it to 8190 based on tendency to stretch when it gets over 100 degrees.

OP
G

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
I heard that. However there is a top level shooter at my local club that travels quite a bit. He has stated the exact opposite. At a shoot last summer in very hot conditions he was one of the few not having issues, he uses 8190. Its just really hard to tell and give opinions sometimes. I have yet to have an issue with 8190 but I have not used it in temperature extremes. I currently shoot 452x on my cables and Brownell xs2 for my string. I will be testing out a little build variation and going to all xs2 shortly to see how it performs this summer.
I think if anybody has concerns then they should stick with 452x and not go to 8190 simply because it is a new product with a good amount of marketing behind it from various big name string companies.
80% (maybe more)of the strings I sell are 452x.